Chapter 4: Mo Ran's past beloved person

Chu Wanning was stunned. He didn't expect Xue Meng's sudden visit. The most shocking part was he was sitting beside Mo Ran and feeding him medicine.  He hasn't seen Xue Meng taking care of Mo Ran before. Perhaps it was because he was not interested in other people's business.

But for Xue Meng, this is an act of brotherhood. Mo Ran once cook porridge for him and took care of him when he was sick. Now that he has the chance to repay his brother's kindness, he did not hesitate.

This person even gave him a spiritual stone to strengthen his sword. That's why when Mo Ran was judged and sentenced to death by digging his spiritual core, he was depressed. He can't help, can't do anything, to the point that he can only lock himself and cries in his room hugging Longcheng, the sword that was forged with spiritual stone that Mo Ran gave him.

That time, Mo Ran was on the verge of death when he happens to learn about the spiritual stone. That moment, Xue Meng's biological father, Jiang Xi saved Mo Ran. He can use the spiritual stone for his cultivation but choose to give it to Xue Meng instead.

The man in his arms seems in a lot of pain, judging by his expression. His face was pale, eyes tightly shut, furrowed eyebrows, and cold sweat on his forehead. After he finishes the whole bowl of medicine, he coughs a mouthful of blood. The effect of the medicine was too strong which makes Mo Ran look weak and helpless.

Chu Wanning rushed to the bed, and his mind was in disarray. He typically had a steady mind, but when it comes to Mo Ran, he can't settle down. Every time that passed was crucial and felt that at any moment he can't see the warmth of his beloved.

But on his side, Xue Meng was more relaxed. He wipe Mo Ran's blood and support to lay him back on the bed. Mo Ran's complexion began to look better, his expression starts to relax. Chu Wanning was stunned for a moment but still managed to compose himself.

"Shizun...everything is okay now" Xue Meng seeing his master's sorrowful look assured him that Mo Ran was alright.

"Mn.."

"Shizun...Tanlang Elder ask me to give you this elixir. It's much more effective than the one he gave you last time...If I didn't rush back...I'm afraid..." He didn't want to continue because he knows he can't take it.

After hearing this, Chu Wanning seems to remember something. "What exactly happened when you come in?"

"It's the demon dragon spirit. When I came, I suddenly felt a faint demonic aura. I rushed to see what it is and look where it came from, but what I found was Mo Ran lying at the cave unconscious."

"Then?"

He hesitate for a while, "Then...the demonic aura was entering Mo Ran's heart and his pulse became weaker...I tried to suppress the evil aura by channeling my spiritual powers so I can bring him here. The moment you saw the demonic aura dissipating was he already consume the medicine."

"So the blood...is it the poison from the evil aura."

"Probably"

"Good...Thank you...and tell Tanlang my gratitude"

"Shizun, we should bring Mo Ran to the Red Lotus Pavillion. It will be easier for us to check his condition". Xue Meng suggests because the Red Lotus Pavillion at Sisheng Peak has abundant spiritual energy where can Mo Ran cultivate and suppress the demonic energy implanted by the Demon Dragon.

"Will bring him there once he wakes up." Chu Wanning also considers it.

"I forgot to tell you that it might take 3 days for Mo Ran to wake up in his current state. Tanlang Elder said that it was the side effect of the medicine. So it's better to bring him back for the elder to see his condition." Xue Meng took a glance at Chu Wanning to see if he can bring them back.