8 - Rogue

A dark blue SUV sped down the highway in hopes of avoiding being caught. The driver and passengers all sat nervously in silence. "There's a warehouse just off the highway in a few exits," Atlas said as she tried to stop the bleeding on her arm. The first aid kit was splayed out on the back seat as she tried to search for what she was looking for. She dug through the giant box that Steve had taken from the CIA building before her hand finally landed on the forceps.

"How do you know?" Steve asked as he passed every car in front of him. For an old man, he could drive like a maniac.

"You're the one that taught me to scout out the territory," Atlas said as she tightly tied a tourniquet around her arm to ease some of the bleeding and minimize the pain. Steve let out a small chuckle as he glanced sympathetically through the rearview mirror at his friend. He wished he could help her, but by the time everyone was already in the car, it was too late to switch positions. They had to get on the road immediately.

Atlas did her best to hold back the scream that was making its way up her throat from her voice box as she dipped the forceps into her gunshot wound. "Fuck," she said aggressively. She also didn't want to wake Bucky up, because if he was still the Winter Soldier, someone would end up dead or the car would end up flipping. Or both. Atlas paused for a bit, she could feel the bullet with the forceps and grabbed onto it without thinking, wanting to get the pain over with as quickly as possible. Atlas tenderly pulled out the bullet as fast as she could, and was met with relief when she dramatically threw down the bloody forceps into a bag provided by the extensive first aid kit. "I'm never getting shot again," she sighed.

Steve eyed her through the rearview mirror while Sam turned around in the passenger seat and smirked at her.

As Atlas used some water vapour from the air to heal the wound, she noticed the car slowing down as Steve drove on a ramp that was separating from the highway. Atlas watched the warehouse approaching as Steve took the exit off the highway that was seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

"This it?" Steve asked, driving down the street towards their potential hideout. He slowed down before parking right in front of an entrance.

"Mhm," Atlas said quietly as the pain in her arm disappeared and her wound was finally healed. She felt a stiffness in her fingers that was similar to what she was feeling when she got shot a year ago. She elected to keep it to herself. She didn't need Steve worrying about her when helping Bucky was already at the front of his mind. She shook it off before getting out of the car.

"What do we do with him?" Sam asked, nodding his head over to Bucky's seat in the car.

"We get rid of the car and we bring him inside. We need a plan, and we need to figure out why the psychologist turned him," Steve said firmly while he effortlessly hauled Bucky's body from the car.

"I got the car," Atlas volunteered. She knew that any car that the four of them took from the parking lot was likely a CIA staff car, so they could've been tracked but Atlas figured they just got lucky this time around. And there was a big possibility the next time, they wouldn't be so lucky.

Atlas got in the driver's seat and drove the car inside the warehouse when Steve and Sam opened the large doors to the property for her. She pulled in slowly and turned the car off. Atlas was quick to get out of the car and take an extremely large piece of rock from the ground and drop it on the front of the car. That would disable the car's GPS system, preventing them from being tracked. Atlas nodded to Steve and Sam as they casually walked by her as if she dropped boulders on cars every single day.

Steve and Sam rushed to close the giant doors, but Atlas caught a glimpse of what they were panicking about. The search helicopter flew by in the distance in the sky as the doors came to a close. Steve and Sam both let out a sigh of relief as they saw the helicopter fly by.