two

The brightness of the sun had pierced through Arthur's eyes. His head shook from the sheer amount of pain that he felt, like that of a hammer continuously pounding through his skull. 

Blue steely eyes carefully scanned the surroundings of an all-too familiar environment. The run down wooden walls, narrow benches, and metallic sticks fit for an animal to be caged in--Arthur was inside of a prison cell... Again.

Goddamnit. 

Pupils moving around, he caught sight of Lenny in the same cell as him, laying down on a bench right across. He seemed to be asleep.

Arthur placed his elbows onto the bench, propping himself up in a sitting position. "Not again Morgan you moron..." He groaned irritably to himself, clearly regretting having another hangover.  

With the affects of last night's alcohol intake, the gunslinger had felt his world spinning around the longer he stayed sitting down. Arthur struggled to take footing onto the wooden ground as he made his way towards the metal bars of the cell. He clung onto the metallic sticks as if his life depended on it.

A few inhuman noises came out from Arthur's very being, which had eventually released some unwanted vomit coming out from his mouth. A puddle of regurgitated alcohol formed onto the wooden floor. 

Lenny had instantly woken up from the unpleasant noises, causing him to grimace in disgust from the sight before him. 

"This definitely ain't what a few drinks would be doin' to ya." The young outlaw pinched the bridge of his nose, nearly shaking his head in an 'I told you so' manner.

Unaware, Arthur was had not realized that you were standing in the same building as them. Only, you were outside of the cell, busy talking to the sheriff in town. You slid a certain amount of dollars across the desk, in which the sheriff had happily taken. 

"'Spose you here to bail these men out, young feller?" The man in charge asked you with tone that seemed to address to that of a young boy. 

"That's what it looks like, mister." 

With that, the sheriff slid his feet off of his desk and grabbed his keys. The metals clanked against one another, and made a clicking noise once as the cell door had opened for the two men held captive. 

A surprised expression plastered on the pair's faces, not expecting to see the stranger whom they encountered at the saloon last night. 

"Sorry about this mister. Seems that my cousin and his friend caused some trouble being drunk. It won't happen again." You assured the officer, who was clearly too distracted counting the cash you gave him. 

Arthur in particular was quick to come up with an act to go along with yours. "Ain't it just convenient that my cousin here came to fetch us!"

With that, the two outlaws were let out to retrieve their weapons and finally headed out to where their horses were patiently waiting for them. Arthur's warm dutchblood and Lenny's gypsy cob both stood tall under the heat of the sun awaiting their masters. Your horse Ace had also stood by them.

Luckily for them, you had three apples stacked inside your satchel. You had given the first two apples to the other two horses, in which they hungrily took. Of course you wouldn't forget about giving Ace an apple as well. 

Lenny had approached you, offering you a gentle and sincere smile. "We can't thank you enough for rescuing us twice already. I don't I ever got your name?"

"My name ain't that important. Just call me stranger." You politely replied.

Arthur stood there not too far behind Lenny. For the first time since last night, he had finally gotten to properly take a good look at you. He first noticed the amount of weapons that you carried with you--a revolver pistol and a rifle. Second was your height. You seemed to be smaller than most grown men that he'd encountered in his life, not to mention the zero amount of facial hair that you have. Lastly, he couldn't help but notice how odd your voice sounded.