fifteen

The ray of light from the sunbeams stirred you awake as they pierced through the flaps of the tent

The ray of light from the sunbeams stirred you awake as they pierced through the flaps of the tent. Only it wasn't your tent, it was Arthur's.  His warm, sleepy breaths fanned onto the back of your neck, with his arms wrapped securely around your waist. So this is what people said about being the small spoon. 

You turned to face the man behind you, it was unfair that he looked so dashingly handsome even in his sleep! If there was one thing that should be illegal, it was Arthur's killer looks. Your eyes scanned the sleeping outlaw, purely admiring not just at how gorgeous he was, but what kind of a person Arthur truly was. 

Strands of his dirty blonde hair moved in up and down motions as they swayed along his breath, soft snores emitting out from him. Your hand gently caressed his features, seeing at just how peaceful Arthur looked when he was asleep. From a tough, burly man when he was awake to what seemed like a child in his sleeping state. It was a rather endearing sight to you.

Your fingertips glided across his stubbles, feeling slightly more softer than they were last night. You had only realized that Arthur was shirtless now that you had actually faced to look at him. No wonder why you felt more of 'him' against yourself. Now that you had laid your eyes onto his perfect sculpture of a body, you just couldn't keep your eyes off of him. Your heart pulsed faster at the beautiful sight as a few scenarios played in your head; each one of them getting more and more dangerous. 

Get a hold of yourself, you goddamn idiot.

The way the muscles along his back and broad shoulders sculpted with the golden ray of the sun painted a perfect picture in front of you. The years of chopping wood, lifting large animal carcasses, injured gang members, other dead bodies, you name it... They had really done justice in those areas of his body. He most certainly did have abs, not the ones that most women would dream of, but still a few packs were definitely there. 

If Arthur hadn't been holding onto you right now, you'd probably shoot yourself for thinking such dirty thoughts with the outlaw. Just the mere thought of it was making you blush. But just to be fair, this was the first man you've ever had feelings for. So it was safe to say that naivety was a bit stronger for you in this area, and you hated it.

The faintest smile crept on the corners of the outlaws lips as he too, had awakened from his slumber. Arthur slowly opened his eyes, revealing a pair of steely blue eyes sleepily gazing at you. A sigh of content escaped from his lips, wrapping an arm around you more securely as he pulled you closer towards his chest. 

"Mornin'." Arthur hummed groggily, tracing small circles onto your back with his thumb. God his morning lazy voice sounded like sweet music to your ears. It certainly wasn't helping with those wild thoughts you had in your head earlier. 

"Good morning." You returned his greeting, perking up your head to see Arthur lazily smiling at you. It was the kind of lazy smile that had assured you that Arthur was happy to see you first thing in the morning.