5 - Keen Observation

Harry and Zayn walked into the kitchen together holding hands with huge smiles on their faces.

It had been the first time in three weeks they had spent a night together. So really, one needed not be a rocket scientist to figure out what had happened.

When they walked into the kitchen, the first thing that Harry noticed was that Niall was having a very strange breakfast.

"Morning Ms. Baxter." Harry greeted her a smile still on his face. It was actually the first time that he'd smiled at her genuinely and both her and Niall were surprised.

"Morning Mr. Styles." She greeted back. "Breakfast?"

"Yeah sure thanks." He pulled out a stood for his boyfriend and sat down right after.

"Morning Ni." Zayn greeted with a warm smile but he only received a groan in response. He was quite used to Niall's moods in the morning so he didn't put much thought into it.

"Snow flake, you're having pickles... and whipped cream?" Harry furrowed his brows looking between the breakfast bowl in front of Niall and the can of whipped cream.

"Keen observation Harry, very very good." Niall glared at the green eyed man.

"Moods." Agnes said and shot Harry an apologetic look, "sorry."

He just shrugged and looked at Niall weirdly.

The blond continued eating and looking through his phone with loads on his mind.

That morning he had woken up with homesickness and that was the reason he was extra moody.

He missed everything about his home and he would do anything to to home but the fact that his father practically gave him away because he was pregnant, had him sitting right where he was. No matter how much he didn't like that.

He missed his warm bed, his mother's cooking and his father's noisy shed whenever he was doing anything carpentry related.

He even missed the squeaky fourth step on the stairs that had gotten him in trouble over the years whenever he was trying to sneak in or out.

He just missed his home.

"Are you even listening to me?" Niall was brought out of his thoughts by Agnes' voice.

"Hm?" He looked up confused because he clearly had zero idea about what she had just said to him.

Agnes rolled her eyes at him, albeit spotting a fond smile on her face. "Mr. Styles is off to work, said he'll meet you at the hospital."

"Meet me at the hospit- what? Why?" Niall was proper confused because if he recalled clearly, Harry didn't want anything to do with the pregnancy. That was the sole reason he had hired Agnes to begin with.

"What do you mean, why? He is the father of that baby too. He's just doing his duty." Agnes tried to explain but Niall was continuously shaking his head.

"No I'm not buying this whole nice guy act. Harry is an arsehole, he has made that pretty clear since I came here." He was determined to not fall for Harry's bullshit.

Agnes turned away from the sink to look at Niall with a deep frown.

"Ni, I know he hasn't really been great at this, but maybe he's willing to try, okay? And you won't know if you don't let him at least try. It's his kid too."

Niall stood up and put away the things he was using before looking at Agnes.

"I don't know what kind of head Zayn gave him to put in a temporary nice mood but I'm not falling for it. Like I said he's an arsehole." Niall walked to door ready to leave the kitchen. "And bad habits die hard." He added then left.