6- Why Didn't You Tell Me?

"A fucking party, Louis are you fucking insane?" Niall growled at his friend on the screen.

He was face timing the Doncaster native and the idiot had decided to invite him to a college party.

For crying out loud, Niall was two months pregnant and wasn't about to go anywhere near alcohol.

"Come on Ni, it's gonna be fun. You are up, I know but you are not drinking, I'll personally make sure of it." Louis pleaded.

Niall thought about the highschool parties he and Louis attended when they were still in highschool.

He was definitely a party animal and even though Louis was too, he was always the one to take care of Niall; making sure he got home safe and having him drink lots of water and sometimes even taking care of his hang over the next morning. Louis was trust worthy in Niall's book.

But come on, he was pregnant now. Everything had changed-

"Niall?" He was brought out of his thoughts by Louis calling his name and waving his hand on the screen. "Pretty please with a cherry on top and everything sweet."

"I don't know Lou, I mean I'll just be a drag, what with having swollen ankles to getting tired easily and don't forget the sleepiness. Plus I'll probably throw up on someone if I come in contact with some types of smells." This was his last wall at not wanting to go but Louis was the most persistent person Niall had ever seen.

"Please Ni, don't let me get on my knees. I'll make sure you stay outside where the air is all fresh and clean."

Niall sighed knowing he and Louis needed to catch up anyway and a party wasn't the best place to do that but he needed to get out more.

"Fiiiine. Where is it?" Niall asked and Louis jumped up from the bed doing a happy dance and and falling on his bum a couple of seconds later making Niall throw his head back and laugh loudly.

"Laugh at me all you want see if I care." Louis picked himself up from the floor and pouted making Niall laugh even louder.

"Y-you are s-so stupid sometimes." Niall said wiping tears from his eyes as he tried to stop himself from laughing. "Answer my question."

"It's at a frat house, some guys I met on the team. Everyone knows you, apparently all I ever do is talk about you. Also there are some people from our high school and one particular person you will be interested to see." Louis winked when he said the last part.

"Someone I- wait who is it?" Niall grew excited. He loved surprises and now he couldn't wait to go to that party.

"Okay, but you are picking me up. Also mum has been calling me, can I call you back?" Niall asked and Louis nodded blowing him a very exaggerated kiss. "Happy birthday, me love!" Then he hung up.

Niall accepted his mother's call and the first thing he heard was his mother singing the happy birthday song, which brought a smile to his face.

"Happy birthday, Nialler." She said excitedly, her accent thick as it was just morning and he assumed she had just woken up.

"Thanks ma," he replied and they talked for a bit, her asking him how the pregnancy was going and how he generally was.

After about ten minutes, she bid him goodbye and cut the call.

"Knock knock!" Niall heard a knock on the door and he recognized the voice to be Zayn's.

"Come in!" He called happily, he hadn't seen for almost two weeks as he had been gone for work and he doesn't remember hearing him come back the previous night.