Ashton Bennett

My alarm clock buzzing off a sudden noise which brought my body to a complete frozen pace. My eyes opening up to see a familiar person right in front of me, and I might have to say how it isn't attractive to wake up with a face that yelled out "I was watching you sleep. For 10 hours."

His dirty blonde hair was slicked back into a spike while his bright blue eyes had a hint of annoyance and tiresome. His hoodie which was a few sizes too small for him, had underneath them a shirt that I bought for him when we went to see the band "Journey" play. His worn out jeans had a few paint droppings of acrylic paint and holes on them.

"Ashton wake up you lazy bum." His voice bluntly responded with.

I turned to my side, ignoring his voice and decided to drift off back into sleep.

"Ashton, don't make me do this." His voice starts trailing off, and I can already tell there was a smirk right on top of that face.

I ignored him again and after a few minutes, I feel something right on my face. I look up and find his butt right on top of me, and soon a scent starts drifting off and I quickly turn my head, holding tightly onto my pillow gagging for air.

"Told you man. Now get up or else I'll throw my shoe at your face, and make you smell my delicious B.O." I turned my head to find a wink and I sighed.

Why was I friends with him again?

Oh yeah, it's because he's actually the first person to want to know more about me. Strange, really.

"Yes Sir." I yell out for him to hear and head off into my bathroom. I look into the mirror to find my hair was in a mess, ignoring it I brushed my teeth quickly and took a quick bathroom break before washing my hands and going out.

Looking around the arrange of my clothes, I pick up one of the millions of pairs of shirts laying around on my ground and sniff it. Soon a scent which made me want to vomit, comes into my nostrils. I throw the shirt back down onto the ground and pick up a random pair of shirt and some jeans.

I head down the staircases to find him already eating all of my cereal, I sigh silently to myself and slam my body against the couch which my mother so lovingly made. Oh well.

"Yo bro' would you like some of this cereal? It's really Delicious." I turned my head and saw some food and milk drifting out of his mouth. I chuckled a little and smirked. "Dude, shut your mouth. I don't want my mom to hunt me down for breakfast just because you decided to eat with your mouth open."

He snorts and shrugs. "I can't help that my mouth just wants to let everything fall out."

I laugh a bit harder and shrug also. "Oh well. So what do I get to eat?"

"My dirty socks." He throws a pair of his socks at me and I dodge it right in time.

"Better luck next time Nate." I told him with a laugh.

"Oh well. I'll get you next time." A smirk plays on his face.

I ended up having to get up and grab an apple and start nomming on it. Just to let you know, since I have braces still it's pretty annoying having to eat an apple with them. Plus not to mention, my mom was too lazy to ask the lady to take them off, when I was supposed too. So basically, I have retainers, but their braces. Fun, right?

Note the sarcasm.

After a few minutes, Nate and I get off our butts and head over to the door. He yells bye, and then we departure to our different schools.

It sucks how we don't go to the same high school.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that, and maybe I should also introduce myself. Hello there, I'm Ashton Bennett. I live here in Virginia, with my best friend Nate, you remember that big goof earlier. Yeah, that's my best friend. Now you're probably wondering, how a guy like me is friend with a guy like him? It's simple really.

I'm socially awkward, he's not.

I'm a musician, he's not.

I like rock, while he does but it's more of soft rock.

Get it yet?

Opposites attract.

~

I sat down on the bench where my bus was going to be at soon, and plugged in my earphones. After a few minutes of just listening to the music, I start singing along to Journey, when out of the blue the song "Womanizer" starts playing. I raise one of my eyebrows in curiosity of how I got it when I realized, I let Nate borrow it and he probably downloaded that song to mess with me.

Oh boy is Goldilocks going to get it, oh yeah that's his nickname by the way.

A loud screeching noise erupts my thoughts and I find my school bus right in front of me. I sigh softly and put on the best fake smile I could produce.

"Another day at heck."