Prologue

Espresso didn't want to move. He didn't want to go to a new school with no friends and no one to talk to. He wanted to stay at Soda Stream, where he actually had a good time. He didn't necessarily talk to too many people in his old city, but he still had two or three friends to hang out with.  At his new house, he wouldn't. At least he had gotten a cell phone from his single mother, so he could keep in touch with his old acquaintances. 

"I'm sorry we have to move my little coffee bean, but your mom found a new job in another state that can help us greatly. Tell you what, I'll get you a phone so you can still talk with your friends, okay?" Espresso's mom told him, ruffling his dark, brown hair.

Espresso knew their two-member family wasn't doing very well in the economic state, so he sadly accepted that they would have to get a better life somewhere else. He was looking up at his mother's dark brown eyes and gorgeous brown face and then looked down, while still having his head pat. He looked back up at her and gave her a smile and wrapped his arms around her. Espresso didn't want to remain depressed forever, a hug with his mom would surely lighten the mood.

Espresso's mother saw her son give him a warm hug and returned the favor. She was so lucky to have someone like him and was grateful to still be with him, even after everything that has happened before he was born..

"Soo, what school will I be going to..?" Espresso randomly asked. Espresso's mother looked at him, "You'll be going to a middle school instead of an elementary school. At our new house, 6th grade is already part of junior high." She replied with the common smile, everyone loves.

"That's weird, I never imagined 6th grade being a part of middle school.." Espresso commented. His mother laughed, "Well, some schools are always different, I suppose." They broke away from their hug and looked at each other. "Espresso, would you like to help me pack? It's going to be pretty easy with our small house and two people to help out empty the place." His mother requested.

"Of course I will, I'm not cruel, making my mom do everything around here." He accepted the proposal. "Then let us get to work! We can have ourselves a little treat after this, so let's get moving!" She exclaimed with joy, "Also, I think it's quite funny how you forgot cousin Latte lives near our new estate" She added. "Cousin Latte? Oh, I forgot about that.. Will we see her when we get there?" Espresso asked. "I just said she's near our new house, is your brain shrinking?" Espresso's mother joked.

"Ahaha, maybe. I haven't been catching up on my studies ever since I found out about our move." Espresso replied, "Well, enough on that, let me help you now." He said. Espresso's mother smiled and started to walk towards the kitchen, where all of the moving boxes filled with nothing but air were. The boxes were the kind that was flat and then needed to be tinkered with to make an actual box, so she threw Espresso a flat box from the kitchen to the living room and told him to get to work.

Espresso thought to himself as he walked down the hall to his room to pack, with the successfully opened box he had made. He was thinking how his new school would be, if he would make some acquaintances to chat with occasionally, and his cousin that he forgot lived in Jellystone. Latte was in the same grade as Espresso, so maybe if she lived near, she would be at the same school as him. 

Espresso reached his room and opened the door.  It was a rather small room, his bed next to the window at the corner, a nightstand sitting beside it, his closet by the nightstand, the usual. He didn't have too much to pack, some books here and there, some papers and pens from studying, his bedsheets, common things you would find in a room. He placed the box down and started to clean out the room.