Chapter 5

(Music that Mint Choco will play later in the chapter ⬆)

~

"..And then the girl kicked me in the ankle and her mom had to come over and apologize, it was pretty funny, to be honest." Latte finished her story about a little girl getting a tiny bit mad at her at the mall. Madeleine snickered, "All of that just because you took a look at an item low on stock?" "Exactly! I don't know why she got so hot-headed." Latte rolled her eyes.

"I was just watching from a short distance, didn't want to get involved but I wanted to see the scene." Almond grinned.

"That's why I have plans to break up with you." Latte joked.

The group of teens laughed, all except for Espresso, who was dozing off at the table booth. Madeleine cooled down and looked down to where his boyfriend was sleeping.

He was in the same position for a while; arms crisscrossed with his head in the middle. Madeleine smiled, he would let him slumber for now but when the food got here, he may or may not have to wake him up and receive a lecture.

"So, Madeleine. How's the relationship so far?" Latte brought up.

"Oh, it's going well. I'm enjoying it." He responded.

"Nice, just wanted to know. It may not look like it but I'm really happy for you two." Latte gushed.

"Aw, thanks. You're nice when your not yelling."

"What was that?" Evil was seen burning in the girls' eyes.

"Nothing! And hey, looks like our food is arriving." Madeleine spotted Herb with a small cart, trays of food on top of it.

"Hey, guys! Sorry for the wait- our orders are increasing by the minute." Herb apologizes, "You're good, we weren't waiting long." Almond reassured.

"Anyway, here's your dishes, sorry I can't stay longer, I have more orders to deliver," Herb took the trays and placed them in front of the teenager's table. He remembered what everyone wanted, so the food was in front of the correct people. "You may want to wake up sleeping beauty over there, but other than that, I'll see you later!" Herb waved goodbye and scurried away with the cart to other people's orders.

"I'll wake him up then.." Madeleine sighed.

Madeleine was beyond terrified, waking up Espresso was no joke. If he woke up by himself, it was safe, but someone waking him up was a whole different story.

Maybe it will be different since I'm his boyfriend now.. Welp, time to experiment. Madeleine thought to himself as he tapped Espresso gently.

After a few taps, a voice was heard, "Eh, what?" Espresso mumbled while reaching his fingers under his glasses and rubbing his eyes. He sat up straight and looked at Madeleine

"Our food is here, thought I might wake you up before it got cold," Madeleine said nervously.

"Ah, thank you then." Espresso replied with a smile.

HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T DIE I AM SO LUCK-

"Let's dig in then!" Madeleine's train of very calm thought was interrupted as Latte grinned while reaching for her silverware.