Chapter 3: Ones Feelings

-Angela's POV-

Everything is in chaos. People around me were running in both ways trying to escape this catastrophe that was unfolding before me. Few people lying on the floor with blood all over them; loud cries and screams echoing the whole place. As I looked at everyone's face, they were all frightened and lost to what was happening. Thick black smoke was visible, and you could inhale it making others cough drastically. Where am I anyway? Feeling my heartbeat rising as I ran to the nearest fire exit while I covered my nose and mouth with my right hand refraining to draw in more of that smoke to my lungs. I don't get it, if this is a dream or not; because all that I was taking place in front of me seems to be real from any angle.
But before I can even reach the fire exit, another explosion occurs but this time it was just the boutique near me making me fly up in the air and I screamed for my life...

"AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!"

*THUD*

Immediately opening my eyes and carefully scanning my surroundings. Heavily panting, and beads of sweat appeared on my forehead, and there I was, laying on the cold concrete floor inside my bedroom contemplating what kind of a dream was that. As I was still on the ground, I started to feel pain in my right knee and elbow resulting from falling from the bed. A worried voice came in as the door swung open...

"OHH GOD! ARE YOU ALRIGHT DEAR?!" her gaze landed straight into my bed, but I was nowhere to be found so she spoke again... "WHERE ARE YOU, ANGELAAA?!"

"Look down, mom. I'm right here." Spoke to her, raising my left arm waving my hand.

"What are you doing right there?" she asked confusedly.

"I obviously fell down, mother." Responded sarcastically, easing the pain on my knee and elbow.

"Oh dear, you scared me to death. I thought something happened to you. Did you have a bad dream?" She asked with so much concern on her tone as she came close to me to help me stand up from where I was.

"Mom, I'm alright. Nothing bad will happen to me," I smiled at her, and she smiled back as I stood still in front of her. "But yeah, that was a hell of a dream though."

"Really? What kind of a dream was that?" she curiously wanted to know about what happened.

We sat on the edge of my bed as I accurately narrated what occurred in it. She listens attentively to every detail, and I deliberately saw the drastic change in her facial expression, from excited to flustered. Even I was terrified about that dream because it seemed to be real.

"Oh my, what a horrifying nightmare that is. You should be careful when you are outside my love. You are aware that you're the only one that I have, right?" she said as she caressed my left cheeks.

"I am very much aware of that mother as you are to me. I'll be extra cautious. Promise" We both stared and beamed at each other afterwards.

My precious mother, Elise, who has been raising me alone for quite some time now, was one of my priceless possessions in life. To tell you the truth, I was an orphan and this woman in front of me was not my real mother but if I had a chance to choose, I'll choose her to be. No offense to my real mom. She has taken care of me since I was five. I Have vivid memories of that time when I had been in a car accident. I was with my parents and my older brother until the age of seven, if I remember it right, but after that tragedy, she was the one who took me in. I didn't know what happened to my real parents and my brother, but she always tells me that they loved me so much and there will be a right time for me to understand what really happened to me and my real family. She didn't keep it a secret from me because she doesn't want me to hold grudges against them. Instead, she showered me with love that she thought I needed, gave me whatever I want, and allowed me to do things I desire to do. She's the best, for real. Even though she is alone and young to bring up a child, she didn't find it hard to look for a job as she owns her own business.