Chapter 1: And we Meet

Angela's POV:

"Ohhh goodness! I think I'm going to be late!".

Uttered as I was running like crazy amidst the crowded street of Yeouido-dong. It's rush hour anyway, but it will not stop me from going to the place I wanted to be. As I was running like I was running in a marathon, my phone suddenly rang. Digging deep inside the transparent sling bag finding my phone as I ran, I bumped into a lady and dropped my phone and photobook that I was holding. Immediately, I apologized to the lady that I collided with grabbing my things on the ground.

"I'm really sorry Miss, I didn't mean to crush on you."

"It's okay, my dear. Just be careful next time. You might find yourself in danger if you rush things."

I stopped for a second as I looked up to her dumbfounded and a strange wind blew at that moment.

"Excuse me?"

"See you around."

The only response that I received from that weird lady was that sentence and a sweet smile while handing me my phone. I stared at her blankly as she walked away from me. I snapped back when my phone on my hand rings again and that made me realize that I'm late and I picked it up because I know who's calling me right now. A high-pitched tone welcomed my left ear making me move it away from me.

"Hey, Angela! What time do you think it is? I've been waiting here for ages. You're not planning to ditch me, right? Be here in three minutes or I will skin you alive!".

"I'm coming! I'm coming! I'm running as fast as I can."

I began to run again after hearing her saying that and I ended the call hissing.

"I'm screwed!"

The one that called me. That was my best friend Sera, my opposite in different ways. Well, I really don't know why we became friends in the first place. I met Sera way back in our high school days. She was the president of our class and the reserved one, and me? I am the noisiest one that annoys her the most. We were both competitive but only with each other maybe because we were always going head-to-head for the top of the class rank. But later, music fixed everything between us. We became close as we found out that we have so much in common. Eventually, in college, we were still together in Konkuk University and taking up the same course which is Business Management and ending up here at our first fan meeting event ever.

Well, to be honest, Sera and I were not into this kind of stuff before. Yes, we enjoy listening to the music of the artists that we like, and that's it. Never in a million years that we thought we had to do such things like this. This is way new to us, however, not just the two of us who were new to this K-pop World, but also the idol group that we were hooked into debuted for only three weeks ago. They have a remarkably interesting concept to start with and the fact that this group we are into right now came from neither of the three famous entertainment companies, but from an unknown and small entertainment company. It made me wonder how they will survive in this competitive industry where background and good resources is a plus. From their debut album, I can sense that they have potential. Unfortunately, this was my own opinion, and I don't know what Sera thinks about them. But we were on the same boat that their music genre is what we are into the most.

Soon, I found myself at the entrance of the mall and I saw this familiar figure wearing her favorite white off-shoulder blouse, skinny ripped blue jeans, and red chuck 70. Hanging on to her is a green pastel colored sling bag while hugging a photobook close to her, looking at the people around her with an impatient face flustered. I pause for a moment to take a deep breath as giggles observing her right there. Soon after I caught my breath from running, I screamed out her name loud enough for her and the mob around could hear, then I ran towards her waving both of my hands, flashing my chariest smile— to divert her anger of course.