0. Oneiros

I never planned on loving you. Hell, I never even planned on meeting you in the first place. It was an accident. I wasn't supposed to be at that party to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time with you. I loved trying to pick your mind, late at night and exploring the cosmos that made you. It takes a strong man to be who you are. I love every piece of you despite your vices...but I know I flew too close to the sun by letting you in. I find myself wondering if Icarus regretted his decision too. Is it truly better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all? Is it better to drown in the ocean than to never have tried to escape the prison in the first place? I may never know what would've happened if I never met you, and I'm not going to say my life would be better.

When you left, I didn't think things would get easier. The world kept spinning without you. But I still see you in beautiful things around me and I know you're still here. Maybe in another life, I could make you stay. Maybe the liminality of our relationship was never designed to last. I know we said some awful things at the end. But all this time later, I know I love you, Scott Arceneaux jr.