Chapter 8: I lost something... again.

Have you ever thought that why are you still alive or why were you even born in the first place? because that's what I'm thinking right now.

There is only darkness in my life. Those who I have loved dearly are no longer with me.

Dealing with death is never easy... but dealing with death, separation, loss, betrayal is not only painful but unbearable that no person wants to experience.

Once... I was a happy little girl, who has everything, loving parents, a loving brother, a happy family that has warmth and happiness.

But... Like a dream, my happy life came to an end.

I was just ten years old when I lost my parents to a plane crash. Since then there has been only darkness in my life.

Even though Josh has always loved me, but when he first took over our father's company and businesses he became so busy that I hardly ever got to see him.
Sometimes I used to see him maybe four times a month, he was always so busy with work, meetings, and business trips.

I always used to spend my birthdays and holidays alone.

At first, I was so scared to be in a big and empty house all alone, the silence of our house was so frightening that I used to sleep with lights on in my room.

Then Paul came into my life and my life somehow became better.

Because now I had someone with whom I can talk, fight and eat together. So Paul became my best friend and my second brother.

But again my life became even harder when I was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety, because of that I wasn't able to have any friends.

I have always lived a life full of loneliness and emptiness.

Then a miracle happened and I met an angel called Andrew who gave me his hand and pulled me out of my darkness.

And again I started to truly live my life, once again I got to taste the happiness that I have forgotten long ago.

But... Something terrible happened, I lost someone that I loved the most in my life, I can even give my life to him without a single thought. He was like my other half, my soulmate, he was as important to me as just how much a heart is important to a person.

And he was Josh, he was always busy, but he always used to find time to make up for me. The relationship between me and Josh was of a father and daughter.

Josh was my everything, he was my brother, father, friend, and my whole world.

Andrew was my angel but Josh was my God, my whole life revolved around him till I met Andrew.

I truly love Josh more than anything even more than Andrew.
He's like air to me that keeps me alive.

Even I don't know why I love him so much.

Maybe it's because my parents used to be busy all the time that he used to take care of me instead of them, I spent more time with him than my parents or any other person, he used to read me storybooks, teach me different things, help me with my homework, he used to scold me when I did something wrong, he taught me what is good and what is bad and he protected me from the bad side of this world.

He was someone who loved me and scolded me like a father, cared for me and punished me like a mother and protected me, and taught me the good things.

He was a most caring brother but also used to be strict when needed.

Without a word, he will understand what I need and what I don't need, what I like and don't like If I'm feeling happy or sad.

Even my first word when I first talked was Jo.
Ever since I can remember most of my memories are of Josh.

When he left me for the first time for a business trip for fifteen days which was prolonged for one month, it was the longest one month of my life. Every day I cried myself to sleep.

I have always looked up to him and respected him more than anybody else, I loved him more than my parents.

Even though after our parents passed away, we spent less time together but every moment we had together is a most precious memory to me that I never wish to forget.

He was the... best brother in the whole wide world.

His death not only broke my heart and soul but also broke me mentally and emotionally, and that also broke me and Andrew apart.

When I lost both Andrew and Josh, I thought I couldn't live anymore, but again a miracle happened and I found out that I was pregnant, all this time my baby gave me the strength to live to keep going, to move forward and it was the last hope for me and Andrew but I never thought that I would also lose my baby.

I don't know... why everyone that I love... is slowly leaving me one after one.

After my parent's death, I was able to live because of Josh and Andrew, after Josh's death, I was able to survive because of my baby, now that I've lost both Andrew and our child, I don't know what to do anymore.

With Josh's death, I was already broken and dead inside.

*FOUR DAYS BEFORE.*

I'm in Megan's room right now and I think I heard something.

It's like someone is moaning and I think it's coming from the bathroom.

I grabbed scissors from the nightstand and took slow steps towards the washroom and opened the door at once.

"There is no one here." I said aloud.

And when I turned around I saw a gun pointing towards me with some guy with a mask and wearing all black and Megan's hands and mouth was duct taped.

"Don't think you can kill me." I said in a high-pitched tone with scissors in my hand.

But I know it is futile, who is going to fear scissors when they have a fucking gun.

Before I can do anything, I heard a loud noise and everything went dark.