A song of a loved one

I put my legs in my chest as I rocked back and forth on my bed crying my eyes out.

My parents knew very well why I was crying for I had managed to tell them about it when I came back from school and not one scene was left out when I narrated the story to them.

I was crying for so many reasons; I missed sister Kemo, She came to visit my parents and I during the Christmas holiday last year and it wasn't a good celebration for when she was told of Enohor's death she began to mourn, making me feel weak and cry all over again.

My parents said they felt remorseful for letting Sister Kemo come back to visit us at a time like that but she had to know the truth someday.

When it was revealed that the reason Enohor died was because Aunty Enita had kidnapped our mother in our backyard and tried to kill her with a knife when Enohor, naive and innocent, blocked our mother and by mistake the knife was used on her, Sister Kemo expressed deep hatred for Aunty Enita and cursed that she would never enjoy the happiness of having a child. My mother nodded in agreement and it made me cry more.

If only Sister Kemo was here, I could talk to her about all this. Kemi is not going to be with me forever and I have to find a way to solve my own problems and handle it.

"Otega if we let you in Enohor's room just for today would you let us in?". My mother, who I refused to let open the door for asked. I jumped out of bed happily and rushed to open the door.

"Yes, Yes!!" She gave a sad smile and took me to Enohor's room.

As she unlocked the door and let me enter the room, I looked around my surroundings; Everything was still as it was the last time I entered Enohor's room, that was because I didn't let my parents get rid of her belongings and my parents, seeing how sad I was, let me have my way.

I jumped on her bed and smelt her pillows, then I ran over to her wardrobe, checking out her clothes, and grabbed some of her nursery books to read. I saw one book in particular; The Three Little Pigs.

I was the one who bought that book for her when I was in Primary six. I used part of my savings to buy her that for her birthday. And naive and innocent Enohor, to return my kind gesture, offered me the rice that I was eating that day as my gift. I laughed at her silly act and gave her a tablespoon of my food. We both smiled satisfied and happy.

I rummaged through her shoes and bags and lay on her bed again, overwhelmed with joy.

Call me a sicko, call me wierd; it's not my fault that my sister's dead.

I felt a new song was about to be written.

I ran to my room, grabbed my song book in my school bag and ran back to Enohor's room. I sat down on her bed.

I lost a loved one,
Few months ago.
My sister's gone,
And It makes me go blue.

We might be separated physically,
But there's a still a special chemistry.
Call me a sicko, call me wierd;
It's not my fault that my sister's dead.

I still feel her presence,
It's creepy though,
But I want it to last longer,
For it makes me feel so....

Awesome!!

I want to .......

And I kept writing. To be honest, the rhythm and beat of the song sounded just like how I felt. I didn't know it was possible and I didn't know how it was possible but it was. And I felt a million times better after writing.

I sat down on the bed humming the lyrics to the song I had just written until I fell asleep, and slept in peace.