01| Her Life.

April 17th

It was a hot day in El Paso, Texas. Cars zooming down the streets of suburban neighborhoods and the neighborhood children playing under the warm rays of the sun. The children were watched over by a young girl from her bedroom window. She watched them with a smile stretching on her lips as she could've sworn sensing her eyes preparing to overflow with tears. She seemed as if she missed such a gratifying moment, tapping her pen repeatedly on her desk as she kept her focus on the children. Then, a young boy in the group tripped against the concrete, injuring himself in the process as his friends came to his aid. The sound of his foot thumping on the pavement made the girl hold her hand onto her chest as if she felt something like a dagger penetrate her heart. It was like she felt his pain.

Her name was April and she was as pretty as the month when flowers bloom beautifully.

"APRIL!" A man's voice hollered as he burst into her room, making April jump. In the doorway stood her father, Mr. Jerez.

"Oh... uh, Hola padre." April greeted to her father, forcefully expanding her mouth into a emotionless smile. Mr Jerez moved his eyes across her room before he landed his gaze on his daughter, staring at her intensely.

"Today is your birthday. Why aren't you getting yourself ready?" Mr Jerez asked, leaning against the wall of the doorway as April didn't want to make full eye contact with him. She sighed slightly before she responded.

"I don't want to celebrate my birthday. It doesn't seem like an actual birthday party when we celebrate." April plainly explained, gazing outside her window as her father stepped into her room, his hands planted on his hips.

"What do you mean by that, girl?" He asked in a furious tone which made April's skin crawl unbearably. "I just don't want to. It doesn't-"

"OH HUSH! YOU NEVER WANT TO DO ANYTHING, DO YOU?" He began to yell which caused April to crawl in the corner of her bed, fearing that he may to something harmful. He walked up to her slowly, bending down with his hands on the foot of her bed. April kept her eyes on his hands, sensing that her father might grab her foot so she folded her body in more tightly to avoid his grasp.

"Well... are you going to answer me, April?" He leaned in closer. "What do you mean?" He asked again, his face scrunching up.

"Papá, I just-"

She was cut off when her father grabbed her foot, dragging her off of the bed as she stood up on her feet. Mr Jerez pressed his chest against April as she stared up at her towering father.

"Quit ignoring me." He growled in April's face as her spine was shivering in fear but she kept her cool. He then pressed his chest against April once again before leaning his head towards her ear as she had her hands on his chest.

"I'm looking forward to seeing your body tonight when your mother is asleep." Mr Jerez lustily whispered in his daughter's ear as her eyes were about to pop out of her sockets from such disgusting words.

"I know that you'll look sexy for me since it's your birthday and you're becoming a woman. A better woman than your mother, that is." He continued as April tried to shove him back.

"No soy mujer padre!" April tried to reason with him but he began to run his hands down her slim torso since her body structure was far different from any of the children her age. She was way developed than other school girls her age which caused them to get jealous when her body attracts the attention of men and boys, even causing her gym teacher in the fourth grade to attempt at seducing her.