06| The angelic angel.

Sunday, April 23rd

April had finished getting ready to accompany Han-wool to church this sunny Sunday. She wore her hair down beautifully, the black church dress that her mamá gave her on her 9th birthday, black flats and a small black purse. Additionally, she had on the pearly necklace that her abuelo gave her the day before he sadly passed away. This immediately made April's eyes watery as she wiped away her tears with her finger, exhaling and smiling in her vanity mirror, pushing back the harsh memories. She closed her door and went downstairs where she saw Bonita with her red ball in her mouth as April giggled at her dog's cuteness. She hopped down the last 3 remaining stairs before she let Bonita outside in the backyard to play fetch before she would have to leave.

"Good girl!" April giggled, petting her beloved dog as Bonita licked all over her face. Bonita then seemed tired so April kneeled down to hug her pet tenderly.

"I'll be back soon, okay baby?" April kissed Bonita on her nose before she let her back inside the house. April walked around to the front of the house as she saw Han-wool through the kitchen window. She ran across the street and knocked on the door. Han-wool answered it and he was astonished by her appearance.

"You look amazing." Han-wool smiled as April did the same with a bigger beam.

"You look quite handsome yourself." April examined Han-wool's dashing, clean suit as he chuckled. He locked the door as the two hopped into his mustang which had its normal, fresh scent of cologne. He out the keys in the ignition as they pulled off of the block.

"I haven't went to church in a while." April mentioned.

"Really? How so?" Han-wool turned to April as she had her purse in her lap.

"Daddy always prevented us from doing so. Every time we wanted to go, he would just hit us." April said, gazing out of the front window as Han-wool felt his heart shattering.

"Keep staying strong." Han-wool advised April as she nodded her head. Han-wool turned on the radio and had trouble deciding on a song to play as April was staring at his handsomeness. He later turned on Hungry Eyes by Eric Carmen as April felt a delicious feeling to the song as they rode down the beautiful streets of El Paso. April's mind later recapped on the letter from her uncle, Manuel. She wanted to live with him to distance herself more from the monster that was housed in her father. The only thing that she didn't want was to encounter her father and his violence. Han-wool and April would often share glances when the other wasn't looking and they both grinned, bouncing their minds to the kiss they had a few days back.

"That necklace is beautiful." Han-wool complimented as April turned to him with a blushing smile. "Thanks."

"Where'd you get it from, princess?" He asked.

"From my grandpa." She said, sadness began to hit the young girl as she looked out the car window. Han-wool detected that something tragic must've happened to her grandfather as the girl had her hands glued together in her lap. He gulped down hard before he opened his mouth slowly.

"Princess..." Han-wool looked down for a moment as this caught April's attention as she glanced over at him. "He passed a while back." April revealed to Han-wool as he felt like pushing on the brakes to embrace her. The poor girl is going through a whole damn lot and Han-wool felt as if a bullet shot through his flesh.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Han-wool nodded to the young girl as his words made her smile a bit as they turned on the block. The pair's eyes grew as they saw that the church was packed with citizens, young girls in their church dresses, priests chatting and cars pulling into the parking lot as Han-wool cut his car off after they have found a place in the crowded lot to park. The two glanced at one another before the hopped out of the car as Han-wool walked protectively next to April. They soon entered the church where many families sat down, waiting for the morning service to begin.