03| Day Off.

April 19th
8:00 am

April fluttered her eyes open, staring up into the ceiling of her bedroom, reminiscing on the terrifying encounter with her intoxicated father at the restaurant last night. She felt as if her heart shattered into millions of pieces much like the result in accidentally knocking over a vase. While thinking about her father's disturbing behaviorism, she heard her phone buzz and unlocked her phone. Her face revealed a blushing smile as she saw that it was a sweet text from Han-wool.

Han-Wool
Good Morning ☺︎︎☀︎︎

Good morning!☺︎︎☺︎︎

How you feeling? Yesterday was unexpected...

I'm actually not okay from that...

...
You're brave! You'll forget about it シ

~~~~~

April beamed widely into the brightness of her phone but she sensed that she was still drowsy and tired from last night. April then lowered her phone down on her belly as she heard the door creak and the shadow was identified as her mother. April wondered what she was doing awake at such an early time. Mrs Jerez sat next to April after gifting her forehead with a kiss.

"Good morning dear." She smiled at her daughter as April had her hands in her mother's.

"Good morning mom." April said.

Before she could comment to April about school, Mrs Jerez traveled her eyes around her daughter's room as she didn't see her school books stored in her bag and her clothes neatly sitting out. Mrs Jerez turned back to her daughter with worried eyes.

"Pobre bebé..." Mrs Jerez sighed, rubbing her thumbs on April's palms. "What's wrong?" April sat up a bit to make her neck more comfortable.

"Dear, are you comfortable going to school today?" Mrs Jerez asked her daughter as she sighed slowly.

"I'll let you stay home from school today, okay?" Mrs Jerez gave her daughter permission to stay home as April forced her lips into a blank smile. April began to sit up on her bed while holding onto her mother's hands lightly. "Gracias mamá." April thanked her mother as she gifted her forehead with a kiss.

"Why don't you come down. I'll make some breakfast." Mrs Jerez stood up as April made her bed neatly before exiting her room with her mother. The two traveled down the stairs as they soon entered the kitchen. April sat at the table as Mrs Jerez was in preparation of breakfast, washing out dishes and grabbing ingredients from out the refrigerator and cabinets. April looked back at her phone as she scrolled in her messages.

Marina
Hey girl! Where are you?

...
Not coming to school today.

~~~~~

April sat her phone down as she watched her mother prepare breakfast, listening to the sizzling of the eggs in the pan. Her phone buzz once more and she flipped it over, reading the message from her best friend.

Marina
I'll miss you Aj ㋛♡︎!

...
I'll miss you more bestie ❣︎