05| Wildlings.

April 21st

April snuck back into her home from spending the night with Marina after their long, girly talks. She crept upstairs but didn't want to be impolite and greet her siblings so she first stumbled in front of Javier's bedroom door. April was hesitant for a moment but then knocked on his door lightly.

"Hermano? Hermano, you awake?" April didn't receive a response from her brother as she assumed the he was still in slumber. April slowly turned to step away from his door but then paused when she heard movement coming from behind his door. April stood there, waiting for something to happen when the door began to creak open.

"Aj?" April's eyes widened when she saw that Andrea was in her brother's room for an unknown reason.

"Drey? What are you doing here? In my brother's room?" April questioned her second best friend as she had difficulty locking eyes with her.

"Um... I-I-I needed Javier to help me with some schoolwork I needed to catch up on." Andrea's forehead began to sweat as April grew suspicious. Andrea quickly hugged the frozen April before dashing out of the house. April stared at her blankly and confusingly before she peered over at Javier's door which was on the crack. She slid through the narrow opening and saw Javier pulling his socks up his legs after putting on his shirt.

"Hola hermana." Javier said, pulling his shorts up.

"What was my second best friend doing in your room? Did she stay over?" April asked her brother as he bit his lip slightly before looking at his younger sister.

"I was um... h-helping her with some missing schoolwork ." Javier began to get sweaty, wiping the substance from off his forehead.

"So you went to sleep naked?" April crossed her arms, her serious face making Javier chuckle.

"no claro que no!" Javier said, brushing his waves with his brush. April eyes him skeptically as she closed his door, allowing him to have privacy while tidying his room. April shook her head and snuck into her room to change into more 'comfortable' clothing and hanging her backpack hidden in her closet. As she was getting ready, a small knock was heard on her door and she sped walked to the door to answer it. She saw her young sister, Isabel smiling up at her in her elementary school uniform which April adored.

"Hey Bella." April tenderly hugged her small sister.

"Hi sissy! Mommy left..."  Isabel told her sister sadly.

"She left? Do you know where?" April asked.

"I don't know but abuela is still asleep. Mommy was supposed to take us to school." Isabel gave her older sister 'puppy eyes' as April held back her sadness.

"I'll take you, how's that sound?" April stuck out a hand as Isabel began to raise her head up. She nodded her head with a huge smile as she held onto her sister's hand. She carefully led her upstairs, making sure that she wouldn't trip or injure herself as April grabbed the house keys and headed to the front door. April allowed Isabel to grab any belongings that she may potentially leave behind as April stood in the door. She was startled by the presence of her friends as they had their bikes parked on the curb.

"Guys? What the hell are y'all doing here?" April questioned her friends.

"We're skipping school, remember? Sorry I forgot to tell you that the rest of us are tagging along." Marina held April's hands as she bobbled her head understandably. "Wait, where's Andrea?" Tori finally noticed that Andrea's presence was absent from the group. "Yeah she didn't pick up any of my calls." Fred mentioned, cupping his chin with his hand.