Chapter 4

Looming over him, stood a man who looked to be part piglin. Small tusks protruded slightly past his lips and long, silky pink hair flowed over his frame. His eyes held a look of surprise and slight confusion with a hint of something undistinguishable flashing through the soft brown before disappearing in less than a second. Golden jewellery adorned his pointed ears, complimenting his pink-tinted skin well, rings and bracelets decorated his hands and arms whilst a small emerald hung on a chain from his ear.

"Tommy?"

"Hm?"

"Heh!?"

"Who are you?"

"What do you mean who am I?"

"I mean, what's your name?"

"It's Technoblade, you know that, anyways you're supposed to be dead."

"Well that's kinda rude."

"It's true though, everyone saw the message. You even got a funeral."

'Huh'

'That's weird, I don't feel dead'

'Though I guess the my skin looks a little weird'

'And I feel lighter'

"Well, maybe I'm a ghost boy!"

"Guess so."

"Why were you in my house though?"

"Don't know."

He shrugs.

Annoyance is evident on Techno's face, as he considers Tommy's appearance. The scars littered across his face, arms and legs; his hair an unkempt mess, splayed out around his head, dirty and dull; his clothes tattered and stained with mud and blood; the once vibrant, shining blue of his eyes now subdued and cloudy as it stared up at him.

The smaller boy wasn't shivering as he sat contentedly on the carpeted floor, even after he had landed in a large pile of snow only minutes before. Even so, Technoblade walked slowly over to the fireplace and grabbed a couple of logs from beside it. Quickly and efficiently he lit a small fire and gently led Tommy over to sit in front of the crackling flames.

Now that it was mentioned, Tommy did notice how the light would flicker on the floor behind him, instead of creating swirls of shadows like it did with Technoblade. It shone through the translucent skin of his bare arms, creating rainbows on the soft carpet behind him. Who knew how long he was staring at the dim twirl of the fire-light on the floor.