𝘎𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦⁵

"Player 346, eliminated."

The contestants woke up to see a man hanging by his bedsheets. He couldn't cope with the loss of his brother and they understood that.

What they didn't understand, though, was why they were treating it like just another death. They were disgusted, to say the least. He didn't deserve that.

More money was added to the screen and now there were only sixteen players left. 346's body was carried out in a casket designed to look like a present, black box and pink ribbon and was carried away, never to be seen again.

The players were led into the same white room as yesterday, but this time sixteen mannequins wore bright pink vests with the respective numbers on them. The players were instructed to pick a vest and put it on before the next game started.

Let's see. For games like this, you don't want to go at the front. It's a life or death situation, so it would be better if I felt the game out a little, watched other people play first before I did. But, if it's anything like the games we've played thus far, it'll have a time limit, so I wouldn't want to go last, since I'm not sure what the game is or how much time I'd have. The most logical solution is to take the middle. It's not a certain victory, but it's close. It's hard to predict anything in here.

Light walked up to the vest numbered 8 and took it off the mannequin, pulling it over his head. Other people followed after him since they've been watching him the whole game and experienced his intelligence first-hand. Soon all the middle numbers were taken. The only ones that remained were the four in the front and four in the back.

The vests in the front seemed to go quicker than the ones in the back, though they were both gone just the same. Soon there were only two without the brightly coloured clothing: 215, or Yamaguchi and 348, known as Xiaoshi. The black-haired male walked up to number one, about to place it over his head when Yamaguchi stopped him.

"Please, let me have this one. I've never chosen anything for myself in my life, but I want to choose this. Please, sir, let me have number one." Xiaoshi was hesitant, but he decided to give in. Who knows?

That might've been his dying wish.

They were led into a dimly lit room, a bridge of glass before them. They were told that they had to jump from tile to tile without falling. Easy enough, right? But there was a catch. There was always a catch with this game, nothing could be straightforward in this game, could it? In each set of two tiles, one tile was tempered glass, so it could support up to two players. The other tile?

Was regular glass, the type that shattered when dropped.

The game was to go down the line in order of their vests, guessing which glass can support their weight by jumping on it. Call it a leap of faith, if you will.

Yamaguchi turned around to face Xiaoshi, knowing that if he only shut up and took number sixteen his chance of surviving would be much higher.

Walking up to the bridge, he looked at the two different glasses. His gut was telling him right, so he jumped right, closing his eyes. When he opened them, he wasn't falling to his death. It was a miracle! He hadn't died. Not yet, at least. Feeling more confident in himself he took another leap. Unfortunately, he wasn't as lucky this time.

"Player 215, eliminated."

The next contestant to continue the line was Victor, or 065 as the other players knew him. He jumped twice to the left, then to the right. He was still standing, and he was starting to think that he might actually survive. He went left again, but fell through the glass, crashing down to his inevitable death.