𝘚𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘥 𝘎𝘢𝘮𝘦⁷

When you see the ☀ play the song at the top!
(yes ik it's an aot song it just fit ok?)

Before this chapter starts I would like to say a thank-you to the following: @Cele_Potato @TheNewGenEgg @-HORN3dino @angelic-fairy @fairiecore
Thank you for all the votes, comments and support during this story. You were my main motivators and I wouldn't have come this far without you. Now without further ado, the last chapter of 'Squid Game'!

The following morning the two men were led into a steel-like chamber to play their final game. Still in their suits, a pink soldier told them to pick whether they wanted to play defence or offence. Telling Makoto to call it, he flipped the coin. "Triangle," the brunette called. The coin landed on the side with the triangle, and Makoto chose to play offence.

"Then 426 will be defence."

Leading them down the steel hallway, the pink soldier led them to the same room that they played red light green light in on the first day. Makoto remembered how so many people lost their lives that day. A part of him wished that he had as well. That way he wouldn't be a murderer.

They were told to play until the other was unable to. They didn't need an explanation as to what that meant.

Akaashi watched as Makoto bent down to tie his shoe before going to hop around on one foot. He reached the edge and that's where Akaashi met him. No words were exchanged between the two. What was there to say? They didn't know each other before this place.

The two males stared at one another for a while in silence. There was no time limit on this game, so they had all the time to waste. Makoto took a step forward before throwing sand in Akaashi's eyes.

"Augh, shit!" he yelled, swinging aimlessly in the direction of the brunette. Shit, he got me. He must've picked up the sand while he was tying his shoe. Fuck. How did I not see that?

With Akaashi now temporarily handicapped, Makoto took this as an opportunity to cross to the other side. Now he would be able to strike freely without having to hop on one foot. Just as he reached the other side, rain started to fall. That's strange, he thought. We're inside. There shouldn't be rain. Looking up, he saw that the room they were in no longer had a roof on it, so rain from the outside was free to pour on the two.

"Good rain knows the best time to fall." He looked up, meeting eyes with the ravenette. It was the first word either of them spoke since the death of Xiaoshi. Akaashi wore a weak smile on his face. This only made Makoto sicker than he already was.

"I killed him to help him. It was better than him suffering in silence."

"You killed him to help yourself."

"Tch." He turned his head, realizing that there was no more point in lying. "Of course, I did. Only one of us can win."

"You know I could've killed you. In your sleep. But he was the one who stopped me."

Akaashi stood there, dumbfounded by this statement. Why wouldn't Xiaoshi want Akaashi to die? It would increase his own chances of survival greatly, seeing as Makoto didn't want to kill him but Akaashi did. "Bullshit."

Pulling out his knife, Makoto held it in his hands. He looked at the blade, knowing what he must do. He hated Akaashi. He really did. But you know what he hated the most about the steel-eyed male?

He charged at him, but Akaashi was able to pin him down quickly. He was on top of him, trying to stab him in between the eyes when Makoto took his own knife and stabbed him in the stomach. Wounded, he got off of the brunette, holding a hand to his abdomen to try and stop the bleeding. He laid down, his breaths quick and shallow.

"I don't want to do this, Akaashi. If we vote again, we can still leave."

No answer.

Makoto got on his knees near the male. He was wary, though. This all might be one last attempt to take him out.

"We've already come too far to end this now," an answer to Makoto's request. "Hurry up and kill me. I'm already dead. At least let me die quickly."

"I- I can't kill you."

"I'll die either way. You don't even know me, so it doesn't matter." Life was starting to drain from his eyes, his skin getting paler. Drawing up his knife, Makoto aligned it with Akaashi's throat.

An answer to the previous question of why Makoto hated Akaashi so much:

It was because he reminded him of himself.

So when Makoto said that he couldn't kill Akaashi, it wasn't because he didn't want to, no. He very much craved to end his life. It was because he felt like he would be killing himself.

Finally drawing the cool metal across the ravenette's skin, he couldn't help but see his own body fall lifelessly from his arms, limp and fragile as he killed him in the same way he did Xiaoshi. Ironic, isn't it?

"Player 426, eliminated."

And then there was one.

Makoto returned to the sterile room with an empty feeling in his soul. He wasn't sad, wasn't happy, wasn't anything really. He just felt empty.

100,000 USD was added to the screen and the player count went down to one. The flashing lights and the music came on once more as the giant clear piggyback was finally filled up.

That sound...

That sound would haunt him forever.

Eliminated Players

426 - Akaashi (Haikyuu)