chapter 4

cassie ('・_・')

"aren't you gonna eat your food?"

my mom asked. 

"oh, i already ate." 

i replied, giving her a smile. i left the dinner table and went straight to my room. my parents don's suspect a thing about me having anorexia because i hide it really well. we, well, they usually eat dinner early because both of my parents work at night. i looked at the clock, 5:01 pm. i should probably go out for a walk, so i can take my mind of food. i changed to my workout clothes and head out the door.

"you'll be skinny if you keep saying no to food."

ana said. i nodded and continued walking. i've probably been walking for a while now, since the skys getting dark. on the way home, i noticed there was a tiny park at the corner. i haven't been there since i was 6. i smiled and walked towards the park. it hasn't changed one bit, i thought as i looked at my surroundings. i sat down on a bench and just relaxed, until i heard footsteps. i looked around and noticed a boy. couldn't see his face clearly but, he's tall enough to be in high school. 

i watched as the teenage boy sat on the swing. he doesn't see me but, should i go to him? and why is he here, around this time of the night? i got up and slowly walked over to him, sitting on the swing next to his. 

"hey." 

he looked at me and i was a bit shocked. it was the boy from school, the boy that caught my eye.

"hi." 

"i've seen you around school before."

"wait, i'm not invisible?"

"of course you're not."

"oh."

was all he said, then complete silence.

"i noticed you around school too."

he said.

"you do?"

"mhm, i noticed a few things about you too."

"really? like what?"

"how you always sit alone in the cafeteria, you never eat, you always wear long sleeves."

"i get cold easily."

"thats's because you have no fat in your body."

"are you saying i'm skinny?"

"yeah." 

i smiled. 

"can i ask you a question?"

"okay."

"are you anorexic?"