Chapter 2

"I'll walk you home. Then I'll know where you live." I stared at Hayes like he was a little crazy. "Um ok, but next time try to make that sound a little less stalkerish." He started laughing, and we turned around and walked towards my house. When we got there, I saw about four people on the front porch. My mom spotted me and called, "Ember-Lily! Come meet the next-door neighbors!" I walked up the front walkway. The lady on the porch turned around and brightened when she saw Hayes. "This is my other son I was telling you about, I see he's already met Ember-Lily." Mom pulled me next to her. "This is my daughter Ember-Lily." Then she pointed to the people in front of me. "These are our next door neighbors, Mrs. Grier, Will, Nash, Skylynn, and obviously Hayes." Mrs. Grier said, "We better get going, you guys can all hang out tommorow, but we're actually going out to dinner, so." I could tell my mom wanted bonding time with the Grier's, but I squeezed her wrist to let her know to calm down. As my new next door neighbors were walking home, Hayes broke of form the pack, and ran back to me. He gave me his phone. "Here's my phone. Put your number in it, and I'll put my number in yours, so we can text." I gave him my phone and put my contact in his phone as Lil Miss Coal Flower. He gave me back my phone and laughed at my contact. "Real original, Coal Flower." I noticed he had put his contact in as Hayes Grier. "And yours is any less original?" I shot back, doubled over with laughter. "Bye, Ember-Lily. See you tommorow." Hayes said before going into his house. "Bye, Hayes. I whispered, before going into mine.