Chapter 10

BEEPbeep. I turned my alarm clock off almost immediately and rolled out of bed. I was so excited for today! I had picked out my outfit the day before and I got dressed. I had my gray lacrosse muscle tank from my old school with a black bandeau under it, and black athletic shorts. I only put on a little concealer and some Chapstick. Then I put on my gray and black vans, and went downstairs. I had a basketball hoop up in my driveway, so after eating breakfast, I practiced even though I probably didn't need to. At 7:25, Hayes walked out of the house really sleepy-eyed. He yawned and pulled out his pennyboard. "Get on." He said. I shook my head. "If you don't mind, I'm gonna run today." Then I set off.

I normally ran every morning, but with the move and everything, I didn't have time so, I decided to warm up on my way to school. I kept up with Hayes the whole way(I think he might have been going a little slower though), and when I got to school, I went directly to the message board. There was a huge crowd gathered around the list, and because I was so short I couldn't see. Hayes was behind me and we squeezed our way to the front. When I got to the list I searched for my name. Finally I found it. I was on the dance squad. Me and only one other person had made it! Her name was Savannah Wilson. Then I looked for my name under the cheerleading list. I didn't expect it to be under the varsity list, but it was. Me and three other girls had made it, but I was obviously the youngest.

All day in all my classes, all the teachers and students were congratulating me and the other girls. After school, I went directly to the gym like I was supposed to and started running laps while I waited for the coach and captain. When everybody finally got there, the captain said, "There are 25 of you trying out, only 15 can make the team. Work hard and you'll make it. Don't and you'll go home." Then we started running drills and learning plays. I was really confident that I did okay, I mean I was definitely way shorter than everybody else, but I was also better.

After basketball, I went to the field for lacrosse tryouts. As I walked onto the field I gulped. All the girls had probably 5 inches and 25 pounds on me. All I had going for me was my small size and ability to run fast. We did all the drills and stuff, and as I was walking off the field, Hayes ran up to me with his friends. They were all big, buff guys, and quite honestly, it was a little bit intimidating. "We just came from football practice. You were great!" I cracked a smile. "Really?" Hayes nodded as did a couple of the other guys. "Definitely! But you better watch out for Evelyn Mondello and Olivia Martin. They were looking at you kind of nasty." I grimaced. "Oh gosh, my first week of school and I already have enemies?" Just then two girls came over and pushed me. "Great job on the field twerp, too bad your gonna get squished. I fell and one of Hayes's friends helped me up. "Well that was Evelyn and Olivia." Hayes said. "Yea, I kinda guessed." I said sarcastically. 

"Oh, let me introduce my friends. Guys this is Ember-Lily, Em for short. This is Alex, Garrett, Hunter, Julian and Isaiah." Alex had blonde hair and blue eyes. Garrett and Hunter both had reddish hair and green eyes, I think they were twins. Julian had blonde hair and brown eyes, and Isaiah had brown hair and brown eyes. Isaiah playfully shoved Hayes. "You know I hate being called Isaiah!" Then he looked at me. "You can call me Zay." I nodded. "Okay! But I have to go now. I've got homework and dance, Bye guys!"  We all said goodbye and I ran back home. Then I went online and ordered a new pair of shoes I wanted(pic at top). After that I stretched a little bit, and went to bed.