Chapter 3

I walked into the kitchen beaming a megawatt smile. "The Grier's seem like nice people, don't they?" My mom asked. "Yea, they- wait a second- did you say Grier's?" As the reality sunk in, I became more and more excited. "Oh my God! The Grier's are my next door neighbors!" I screamed, running around in circles. Suddenly, the text tone rang.

From: Hayes Grier

I heard you screaming. I assume ur a fan?

To: Hayes Grier

Maaybeee

From: Hayes Grier

Oh alright ;)

From: Hayes Grier

Hey, want me to show u around 2morrow?

To: Hayes Grier

Ya, that would be gr8! :D

From: Hayes Grier

K then. Can't wait! :D

I put down my phone smiling. "What are you smiling about?" Mom asked with a smirk. "Oh, nothing." I replied. "Hayes just offered to show me around tomorrow. And what's for dinner?" We ate spaghetti and meatballs, and after I cleaned up the kitchen, I wanted to practice my dance. "Hey, Mom? Can I go practice in the front yard?" Mom nodded. "Sure, I'll come get you at about 9:30." I went upstairs and changed into a black sports bra and dance short set and a yellow burnout tank. I went to the front yard and started stretching.

After I practiced my aerials and back tucks, I just stood watching the stars. All of a sudden, someone grabbed my shoulders and said, "Boo!" I screamed loudly, and fell to the ground. I heard Hayes laughing, so I decided to play a prank on him. "Hey Ember-Lily. Ember-Lily? Ember-Lily!?!" Hayes said shaking my shoulders. I sensed him getting close to me, so I opened my eyes and screamed, "BOO!" Hayes screamed like a little girl and fell backwards in the grass. I stood up laughing. "You should have seen your face.....!" He stared at me. "Ok that's it." He got up and started chasing me around the yard. I was a pretty fast runner, but Hayes was faster. He tackled me, both of us laughing. "Get off of me!" I mumbled. "What? I can't hear you." He said, teasingly. "I said get off of me! I can't breathe!" "Oh." He said, and got off of me.

In two seconds flat, I had him pinned on the ground. "You just got outsmarted by a girl." Hayes groaned. "Seriously?" "Yep." I said, popping the 'p'. Then, I stood up. "Hey, Ember-Lily?" I looked down at him. "Yea?" "Could you keep dancing? It was really pretty." I looked down, suddenly self-conscious. "But, I messed up. My legs weren't straight, and my feet weren't pointed." Hayes pulled my chin up so I was looking into his eyes. "I don't care. It was beautiful."

I pulled away and went to the middle of the yard. I connected to my speaker, and played Wildlife by Jack and Jack. The music started and I blocked everything out and just performed. Chin stand, straight legs, pull over, turn around, pirouette, I danced. When the song ended, Hayes' mouth fell open. I looked and saw that Nash and Skylynn were also watching me. I turned around and ran into the house.