Chapter 9

I woke up to my alarm clock, and the sound of birds singing. I grabbed my cheetah print crop top with #selfie written in black, my black skinny jeans, and my cheetah print vans, and then looked for something to pack for tryouts. I finally picked out a blue nike pro sports bra and black nike pro spandex. I packed it in my Vera Bradley tote bag with all my dance shoes. I curled my hair and put a black bandana in as a headband, then got dressed. I only put on light makeup, and went and ate some toast. Then I went outside to meet Hayes. "Hey, Em." He said nodding. "You ready?" I shrugged. "A little nervous. People might not like me because im younger." "But your smart, beautiful, friendly, and awesome." I blushed. "Thanks."

We got on Hayes' penny board, and went to school. When I got there, i headed to my locker. Someone cleared their throat, and I looked up. Five very pretty girls were staring at me. "Are you new here?" I nodded. "Yea, I'm Ember-Lily." The girl with light blond hair and icy blue eyes said, "I'm Lexi, and that's Abbi, Brittany, Chloe, and Dylan." Abbi had brown hair with gold highlights, and navy blue eyes. Brittany had dirty blond hair with hazel eyes. Chloe had blond hair with pink tips, and grey eyes. Dylan had red hair and bright green eyes like mine.

"What class do you have first?" Lexi asked. "Science." Brittany squealed in delight. "OMG, us too!" I smiled. "Cool." Then Hayes walked up. "Hey, Em. We'd better get to science before the bell rings." Then he nodded at the other girls. "Hey, Lex." I looked between the two of them. "You guys are friends?" Hayes laughed. "Yea, we've been friends since kindergarten." I smiled. "Oh, cool!"

We all walked down the hall to science class. When we got there everybody sat down except Hayes and I. The teacher looked at us. "Mr. Grier, where were you yesterday?" Hayes motioned to me. "I was showing the new student around, Mrs. Durkin." She nodded. "And who might you be?" I looked down a little bit. "I'm Ember-Lily Monte Carlo." Mrs. Durkin smiled. "it's very nice to meet you, Ember-Lily. You and Hayes can sit over by Lexi."

It was the same in every class. We'd walk in and I'd introduce myself. Then I'd sit down, listening to the teacher explain stuff I already knew. Finally the school day was over and it was time for the tryouts. "Hayes, do you know where the locker rooms are? I need to change for tryouts." He nodded. "Down the hall to the right." "Thanks Hayes!" I walked down and went into the locker room. There were ten other girls changing for the cheerleading tryouts and I saw that three of them were also trying out for the dance team. I was shorter than all of them by at least 5 inches.

I walked out of the locker room in my sports bra and shorts and headed to the gym where the tryouts were being held. When I got there the coaches instructed us to start stretching while they took attendance. After that was out of the way, they started seeing what we could do. One by one girls sat down as the moves became to complicated for them. Finally it was just me and another girl. "Back tuck!" the coach called. We bent our knees and completed a back tuck in unison. "Double back tuck!" The other girl sheepishly looked down and moved off to the side. I took a deep breath and executed a perfect double back tuck. The coach whistled "That was amazing!"

Finally cheerleading tryouts were over. I hurriedly ran to the auditorium with my water bottle. After we were all there, the dance coach took attendance and we got started. First she called everybody up to perform a past solo. I was last and chose the song Titanium. The other girls were really good. Finally it was my turn. She turned on the music and I started dancing. (See link at bottom for dance) When I was done, everybody had their mouths open. They were clapping really loudly. Then we learned a combination. Then we were done!

I changed into my clothes again and walked home. Hayes was outside throwing the football around with Nash. "How was tryouts?" I smiled. "It was amazing I was the only one who could do a double back tuck in cheer, and I got a standing ovation in the dance! I'll know the results tomorrow! Imma go take a shower." I took a shower then ate dinner and went to bed early, setting my alarm clock for 5:30 AM.

--------------------------------------

Hey guys!! Here's the link for the dance video I really recommend you watch it to get the real feel of how she dances!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6un7689tYhk 

Love you guys!