(14) Red Happiness

Mint walked across the shallow, endless lake. On her right, she saw a bombed out battlefield. On her left was a peaceful village.

She started walking toward the battlefield but paused and realized something, 'It's the war or Safe Haven,' she thought as she turned the other way and started heading toward the village.

Shadowy figures resembling Sapnap & Vixen pulled her back toward the battlefield as she screamed for peace after death.

"No!" She screamed, "Not again! I don't want this!"

Despite this, the shadowy figures kept pulling and only wobbled a little from Mint's struggling. As she struggled, the grip got tighter and more uncomfortable. She screamed again, she screamed into the thin air for help.

She screamed louder as the village slowly creeped out of view.

"Let me...GO!" She kicked and eventually stepped on Sapnap's foot, "Vixen, let me go," She glared.

The fox girl let go, "Thank you."

Mint ran as fast as her long legs would take her. She looked behind her. No shadowy figures.

She gasped as the village slowly formed into a burning inferno of ash and she heard herself say, "I really am a war machine."

She wasn't meant for peace, she was god of destruction.

Mint slowly turned around and let the shadows take her.

She dragged her feet as the shadows pulled her along toward the sad battlefield covered in debris, "I don't want it," She told herself as she looked back at the disappearing village.

"But I kinda do."

The shadows threw her onto the ashy ground.

"Rude," She muttered, dusting herself off.

"Welcome," A voice said.

"Thanks. Who are you?"

"I don't think we've met, but I'm Dream," Dream said as he looked at the tall person, "I- Dream?" Mint shook his hand, "Nice to meet you, you mailed me your mask to give to Vixen."

"Oh! I remember you!"

"Pog."

"So did you-"

"I delivered it. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here."

Dream smiled, "Thank you."

"Of course! Although I may have never met you in the real world, I'm here now and we can talk."

"So...has...has Vixen been alright without me? I mean, of course I don't doubt that Fundy would keep her safe but..." Dream worried.

Mint laughed. "Yes, she's been perfectly fine. She...she misses you, though...a lot."

Dream seemed relieved. "Does she really miss me? Does she know what I...what I did to the server before my passing?"

"I don't think so." Mint shook her head.

Dream sighed.

"So...are you...I mean, are you still a maniac? Because...I think there would have been a good reason why everyone wanted you dead...have you changed?"

"I am grateful that I have...I don't know what came over me, but...before prison I felt so...powerful. And, I mean...Dream SMP is the name, and I thought that it meant the server was mine. Now, I see that it belongs to no one. I'm afraid that by the time I realized that, it was too late. Everyone wanted me dead."