Plane ride

I sit in the passenger seat as Zemo drives us to whatever plane we'll be taking to get to Germany.

"Where are we anyway?" I ask, suddenly realizing I've been here a month and still don't know where I actually am in the world.

"New Mexico," he answers quickly.

"So we'll be on a plane for ten and a half hours," I sigh, putting my feet up on the dash and pulling my knees to my chest.

"We'll be using my jet so only eight hours," he corrects me.

His answers are short, and quick. And I know why.

He's mad.

He's mad that I slapped him.
Hurt that I rejected him.

And I don't blame him.
I would hate me too.

"I'm still not helping you get back," he says out of nowhere.

My heart hurts again. Just as it had when I slapped him.

I don't reply.

Fuck you Helmut.
Why won't you just let me go?

My eyes sting as I fight back tears.

"I'm going to find a way to keep you with me," he continues.

You stupid Sakovian man.

We continue in silence until we reach the jet.

"I'll bring the bags," he says as he gets out of the car.

I quickly go to the jet and go inside.

It's a nice and well furnished.

I go to the farthest seat from the door and sit down. I look out the window and see Zemo still at the car.

He has his hands on his hips as he has his head back. He looks like he's trying to keep himself from crying. (I wonder why 😑.) He takes the ring box out of his pocket and opens it, staring at the ring for a minute or two. He grows angry and closes it, turning away from the jet to where I can't see his face. He reaches his arm back like he's going to throw it, but freezes. He brings his hand back down and looks at the ring again. He turns back to the car and kicks the wheel a few times before going to the trunk.

He composed himself then grabs the bags , bringing them into the jet. He goes back and gets the last few then goes to the front of the plane.

The seat belt light flashes and I quickly buckle up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We reach cruising altitude after a little while, and the seat belt light is turned off. I unbuckle but stay put in my seat.

He was so pissed off that he was going to throw the ring.

I recall how it looked when I held it.

He went though all the trouble to get it made just to be be use once. It is a beautiful ring though, the type that I always thought I would have when I got married; simple yet perfect. And of course he would know that, I told him that I was never into flashy jewelry or over the top clothing.

Damn you Helmut.
Why are you so perfect?

It's as if he knew I was thinking about him because he comes out of the cockpit at the same moment.

He sits in a seat farthest from me.

Good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know you're not going to like this, but while we're there we need to act like a happily married couple," Zemo says, moving to the the seat across from me.

The plane ride is almost over
"There are literally a dozen other seats," I grumble as I look out the window.

"I know," he just keeps his eyes on me.

"So go back to the one you were in," I bring my knees to my chest.

"No," he sits back in his seat, "we need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Yes there is," he persists, "when we get to Berlin you need to be smiling and happy. If you're not, they might suspect something and just kills is both."

"Smile. Act happy. Got it, what else?" I look at him with a blank expression.

"Do you know German?"

"Yes," thanks to my stupid obsession with needing to know everything so no one can have the upper hand, "why?"

"While we're there, you don't understand a single word of it," he says, "I don't care if they insult you or say something that pisses you off, you don't react, no matter what."

"Smile. Act happy. Be an idiot. Anything else?"

"We have to actually play the part," he sighs, "we need to act like we're in love."

Not gonna be hard.

"Perfect," I roll my eyes and look back out the window.

"We'll be landing in about half an hour, you should change," he looks out his window, "your clothes are in the bathroom for you."

"Whatever," I get up with a huff and go to the bathroom.

It's large for a jet. Clean, neat and modern.

The clothes I'm supposed to wear are hanging on a hook ready for me.

I take them off the hanger and put them on one article at a time.

I put on the tight, black, leather pants, then I the dark purple button up. I put the black, leather corset on and tighten it as much as I can then slip the sleek, purple heels on. The last item pulls the whole look together; a large, fluffy tan, white and black foe fur boa/scarf thing.

I put on some mascara and a deep red lip then put on the jewelry for the outfit; large dangling diamond earrings, and a large, heavy diamond necklace that rests on my collar bone.

I step back to look at myself.

Not bad.

I put away my makeup then head out of the bathroom to find Zemo buttoning up his shirt. My eyes scan over the exposed skin and all I want to do it kiss every inch.

I quickly look away, shaking away the thought as he looks my way.

Zemo's POV
I look at her and it's like everything freezes.
She's stunning.

My heart flutters as she looks away, holding her body tight. The only thing I want is to be at the estate already. I want to make her the dinner Milo said I should. I want to hold her. Dance with her. I want her to decide that she wants to stay.

I want to keep her.

I realize my mouth is agape and close it quickly while clearing my throat.

"You look beautiful," I say as I finish buttoning up my shirt.

"Thanks," she keeps her eyes down cast as I put on my leather jacket with foe fur.

I turn to where I set my other clothes and pull the ring box from my pocket before turning back to her. I take the few step to her and take out the ring before lifting her left hand.

We both look at her hand as I slide the ring onto her finger and remain still for a few moments. I don't want her to ever take it off. I wish she would take my last name in truth, and become my Baroness.

Why can she not see that she has my heart, my soul and my mind in the palm of her hands.

~~~~~~~~~
It will get better I promise!!