Chapter 4.5: You're My Mate

Chapter Four (Point Five!!)

Aidan's POV:

  I climbed into bed with Cadence and was going to settle myself at the foot of the bed, but then she started patting the spot beside her at the headboard. I slowly crawled up beside her, pressing myself up against her so she would have to wrap her arm around me to sleep comfortable. (I'm good, aren't I?)

  Cadence was laying on her left side, with her left arm underneath her head acting as an extra pillow, while her right arm was busy stroking my fur from my black ears...to the end of my spine...to scratch my cheek, gently...then back to my ears to redo the process all over again. She didn't have a clue how good that was making me feel inside. I stared and got lost in her softened, burning, rusty-brown eyes. Her eyes were the key to seeing her emotions; they were so luminous and expressive.

  Why was she having such an affect on me? How could she influence me so much in this short amount of time I have met her? She couldn't be...there's no way...

  Good God!

  Cadence Demarice is my mate! I've found my mate after all of these long, lonely years! I was so excited I grumbled happily and licked the side of her gorgeous face while she just chuckled and playfully said, "Eww! You big fur ball!"

  I cannot believe that I hadn't noticed the signs earlier. You see, there is an Instinct that helps us identify our true mate. That's why when you are born a werewolf, you have a star on your back the color of their hair. There's also the jealousy, posessiveness, love at first site, and so much more. How ignorant of these things, I've been!

  I am extremely grateful to the Instinct, because if I hadn't finally noticed the signs, then I wouldn't have been able to believe that such a perfect and dazzling creature was meant to be mine. I can't express how much joy I feel, but I can't help feeling that this is the worst possible timing for such a happy occurance. I finally found her, yet I have an evil pack after me that would rip her shreds if they knew what she was to me...

  What should I do about her safety? I can't possibly leave her. She is my mate, therefore, I will not ever even think about leaving her. Screw it! I don't care anymore if they find me. Having my mate grow to love me as a man and accepting me is more important than worrying about what that pack could do. Maybe they won't even find me. Afterall before she picked me up I travelled far, far away from them. Who knows if they're even looking in the right direction, anyway?

  I can't live in fear. I can't only have my mate know me as her pet wolf. While she works, I'll be there ready to make her fall in love with me as her man. While she is at home, I'll be here protecting her as her wolf.

  This is going to work. And, at least now she won't have time for other guys. I sighed. I know there are more than a million holes in my plan, but I don't care.

  Right now, all I care about are two beatiful eyes staring into my soul, that delicate warm hand relaxing and electrifying me at the same time, and  those sweet, tempting lips that are kissing me goodnight on my head. A good night, indeed.