Chapter 5: Aidan Meets Marc

Chapter Five:

Cadence's POV:

  I woke up to my alarm beeping and Aidan licking away at my face.

  "Aidan!" I complained, trying to convince him I needed more sleep. Instead of stopping like I'd hoped, I felt his furry chest rumble an started pushing me with his head out of bed.

  With a long whine, I got out of bed and Aidan hopped down. Then I quickly made the bed and looked at the clock. OH CHEESE, I'M GONNA BE LATE! It was 7 o'clock and I needed to meet Marc at the park at 7:40, and I still needed to take a shower, get dressed, and grab breakfast for me and Aidan.

  I hurriedly jumped in the shower and came out into my room with only a towel on. I saw Aidan quickly turn around, like he was embarrassed to see me naked. It was so adorable! Kinda weird, though. I mean, how could he know what he was looking at? Oh well, I better stop my pondering and get ready.

  After changing into some short, blue spandex volleyball shorts and a white tank top, I went downstairs for an on-the-go breakfast with Aidan trailing behind me. When I got into the kitchen I toasted some eggos and then put them in the microwave for a couple seconds to make the soft. The microwave dinged and I took them out, grabbed my house keys, and walked out the door.

 Once we got onto the sidewalk towards the park, I stopped and gave Aidan two of the eggos and ate the other two I made. He scarfed them down, then was looking at me with a strange expression. Huh. I didn't know dogs- well, actually, wolves- had many expressions. You learn something new everyday. 

  I looked away from him and started jogging the rest of the way to the park, which was about ten minutes, or so. We walked through the park gate and I saw kids playing on the playground while their parents carefully watched over them, to the right there was old couples feeding the birds while sitting on old benches, and to my left was a field where teenage boys were playing tackle football and Marc leaning up against one of the many trees scattered around the park.

  Ooooooooh! I really wished I didn't have that stupid moral about not dating your co-workers! Because, right now, Marc in his basketball shorts and snug, dark blue T-shirt looked good enough to eat. I had been walking towards him, while making my dangerous observations and was now standing right beside him.

  He seemed to be off in la-la land watching the teenagers play football, so he didn't notice me immediately. I decided to tease him and mirror his position against the tree- with my arms crossed, ankles crossed, and eyebrows furrowed- while staring directly at him, counting the seconds until her noticed my arrival.

  22...23...24...25- he looked next to him where I was standing. Bingo! I'm here! Marc looked surprised, then took in my position and looked at himself, confirming that I was poking fun at him. He laughed and I laughed with him.

  "Sorry! I didn't notice you there," Marc chuckled.