Chapter 7 - Everything Comes Back

I looked in the mirror. My hair finally out of my face for once. I was always pale. In elementary school people called me the vampire girl. In my honest opinion I'd rather be a wear-wolf but hey, you take what you get. I was wearing ripped skinny jeans that were black. My top was a light gray t-shirt with the converse logo right in the middle. I got it at the converse store in at the outlet mall in the suburbs in NY. I lay on the bed looking up at the ceiling. I remembered the talk I had last night with Dad about my day. The conversation plays back in my head,

Day Before:

"How was work?" He asked sitting at the dinner table. Rebecca sat there as well reading and eating at the same time.

"It was really really great," I say smiling, recalling Carter. I looked at him and he looked at me waiting to go into detail. 

"I met a guy and he is really sweet, and sad, and I don't know," I said shyly. I see Miss Rebecca look up from her book and up at us. Then she continues to read. Nosy Woman...

"Do you have a crush?" He said smiling deviously. 

I scoff, "Pft, come on, I don't like other humans," I joke. 

"What do you mean he's sad?" He says taking a bite of his chicken sandwich. 

I look down at mine as I stand behind the counter, too antsy to sit down. "He..His..we are kind of the same," I say trying to explain.

"How so?" He says looking at me curiously.

"Well, his parents also died and, I can relate so much," Images of my parents from the photos in dad's closet pop into my head. I shake them away and continue.

"I know what it feels like," I said. 

He nods thinking. I smile at him trying to hide the fact I was upset. My biological parents, thinking about them, it hurt me. I look down at my phone as it vibrates. I pick it up and speaking of my favorite person at the moment, it was him. I smile to myself and I giggle. I look up and see both Rebecca and dad looking at me confused. 

"She's too far gone now," He says sarcastically to Rebecca.

Present Day

I lay on the bed and continue to think about Carter. I have only had one boyfriend, I was fifteen. In New York, you walked all over the damn place. He used to walk by the bookstore, all the time, he'd come in and look around. I was always at the book store volunteering, to young to work. He asked me out after we met and what the heck, I said yes. He eventually cheated because he was bored. I remember crying in my room and Mr.Namakura made me a cookie cake. Best breakup- come back ever. 

I pick up my phone and look at the texts from last night around dinner.

 *Hey* - Carter

*Hello c: * - Me

*How are you?* - Carter

*Good. Bored. Hungry. The usual Lol. What about you?* - Me

*Nervous* - Carter

*oh? Why haha* - Me

*Because I want to ask out this girl and I dont know how.* - Carter

*Oh..Well  I guess..just say it straight up :/ * - Me

*OOO someone is getting jealous. Calm down* - Carter

*I am NOT Jealous lol* -Me

*You are so Jealous. Its okay. I'm talking about you ya know* - Carter