Chapter 8 - Katsurō Namakura

I spent the night in the hospital. The food was terrible. Mr.Namakura was there the next morning. Apparently I hit my head really hard. I was given pain medicine for it and my arm was bruised badly as well. I watched the television in my room. It was on the news channel. A house in the suburbs caught fire last night. I listened to the man talk on tv and the door opened. I didn't bother to look because I knew it was my dad. I saw light brown hair instead of dark hair so I turned my head and saw Carter standing there. He had a boquet of flowers. I smiled at him but he looked at me and frowned. He walked up and looked at my bruise. 

"Are you okay?" He asks and I give him a small smile. " I am now," I stick my toungue out at him and he laughs.  

"I'll be okay. I get out as soon as I'm well. They are scared I might freak out again if I'm at home. They are kind of collecting info about my condition." I say. He nods and sets the flowers down. 

"So..did you find out anything?"he asks. 

"I have a brother..here in Connecticut somewehre possibly," I recall the conversation last night and what Mr.Namakura said about my brother last night:

"We don't know his name. Your mother..was emotionally abusive..She made him dress like a girl..because she wanted another girl. All we know is they called him.. Carly,"

Carter looked at me in suprise. "Wow..really?"  He says.

"Yeah. We don't know where he is or what his name is," I say frowning. I would give the world to hug my brother. He is somewhere. I look at Carter and he looks uneasy in his chair.

"What's wrong babe?" I ask putting a mint in my mouth.

"Quinn..I haven't told you to much about..my past," he says staring at his lap. 

I frown. "You don't have to.." I say trying to comfort him. He shakes his head shutting his eyes.

"Quinn..this is weird.." he says. oh?

"What? What is?' I ask worried he doesn't want to be with me anymore. Worried my problems are too much,

"I have a sister.." He says. So?

"And?" What is he getting at..

"Quinn..my sister is missing..and...I don't know her name. My parents are dead. How did your parents die?" He asks sternly. I immediatly freeze. There is no way..

"The Yankee Stadium..attack..what..about yours?" I ask hesitantly.

"Same.." He says gaping at me and I feel sick. 

"What does that mean?" I know exactly what this means. 

"Carly.." I say and his eyes widen. He looks like he's been stabbed. He stands up covering his mouth.

I look at him concerned and shocked. "Carter..you're my.." I look at him with tons of emotions running through me. He looks at me and I see the pain in his eyes. Mr.Namakura walks in and he stands in the door confused. 

"I'm your brother," He says looking at me. I look at dad who drops the tray of drinks. The break on the floor and we all jump. We all exchange looks. Holy Shit. I was in love with my brother. 

_________________________

We explained everything to Mr.Namakura and he was speechless. For five minutes we sat in silence.  A nurse came in to clean the mess and she offered to bring back more drinks but Dad rejected the offer. I looked over at Carter and he looked at me. 

"I have been looking for you everywhere.." He says "I can't beleive how many times we have talked and i have looked at you and..I didn't know it was you..this whole time," He looks at me and it is hard to tell what he is feeling.  I no longer want to blush and kiss him. I want to hug him and make sure he's alright. He isn't my boyfriend..he is my brother. He smiles at me and then gives me a look as if he's remembered something. "Quinn..we are both seventeen.." He says.