Never be his first

Did I do it again? Did I explode all over again? How many times does a man have to be convinced? I stay seated in my car in front of the restaurant. I'm facing Jack today after this weekend. How can I pull this off even?
I get out and go towards the restaurant. There he's seated waiting. I go to the table and take a seat.
"Hi, how are you?" he greets me suddenly surprised.
"Great," I nod and take out his file from my suitcase. "Right, so let's get on it. You will both see a marriage councillor on the 3rd next month and then after that we can discuss whqt will happen further on."
"Meryl," he touch my hand out of the blue. I look at it then back at him. "Are you alright?"
"Strictly business," I warn him and take my hand away from his. "And as far as I'm concerned, we're both married. Don and I aren't in the best space, but it's okay for now whereas the odds can count against you if you fool around before being officially divorced."
"I see," he nods. I shake my head slowly and look up at Don that's seated at another table. He's having breakfast with another woman. My blood starts pumping fast. Yes, I'm jealous. Yes, Don is my husband.
What are they even laughing about?
"I'm sorry!"
I give a fright and look up at a young woman that got hooked at the shirt by Jack's chair. He gets up and help her.
"No need to worry. You look pretty though," he speaks flirtatious with her.
"Thank you," she giggles. I sit back and raise an eyebrow. "I didn't mean to disturb your lunch with your wife."
"Not my wife," he immediately corrects her. "Just my lawyer. I'm getting divorced."
I can't believe this. Jack Nicholson, Hollywood's Casanova. The man who nearly had my thinking he actually has a thing for me. I look at Don again who laughed and touched the woman's hand. I grab all my stuff, push it in my suitcase and rushes out. Why are men like this? No, why am I like this?
I exit the restaurant and stop dead in my tracks. Pierce and Keely holding hands and laughing so happily as they get out the car with the help from the securities. What was my lief really like lately? A game!
I get in my cat trying to catch my breath. I'm a loosing soul, aren't I?

I lay in the lounge watching movie. I'm watching Death becomes her. Well, not a good thing, right?
"I wish I was a celebrity," I mutter and cuddle up with my pillow. The door goes open and close. I immediately close my eyes and pretend to sleep. It's probably just Don. I hear this footsteps travel to the lounge. It goes quiet and then comes closer.
"Babe," he touch my cheek. I open my eyes and look at him. He smiles and take a seat next to me. "Hi."
I ignore him and look at the screen. He sighs and switch tge television off.
"Are you still mad at me because of this morning?" he ask. What do I say?  I can just confront him or something. "I take it as a yes."
"I saw you at the restaurant this morning," I say and stare at the blank television. "With a woman."
"Oh, well, it's the woman who's pregnant," he replies. "The mother of my baby. We just spoke about the adoption."
"You two laughed a lot," I add. "Seemed pretty happy."
"She's relieved that we want to baby," he says.
"You held her hand," I say and look at him. He give me a strange look.
"You're angry because I held her hand?" he ask.
"No, not that you held it, but in the way you did," I reply and turn my back to him. Don sighs and touch my back.
"She's the mother of my kid, Meryl," he says hopelessly. "We were more than just some one-night stand."
I ignore him and close my eyes. He gets up and slam his hands against his clothes. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight Meryl."
I start to cry silently when he left. I'll never be hist first choice. I'll never stand a chance with Pierce and Jack either. I'll never...