Meeting Don

Chapter two

It's an off day. I can lay just as long as I want. Yes, I deserve some longer sleeping time. The bed is so warm and cozy now. With a yawn I move around more comfortably. A knock on my door didn't even get me to stand up.

"Go away," I mutter when it repeated. "Ughhh. Whoever you are, I hate you."

I drag myself out of the bed and wipe off my face with my hand opening my front door. Who would bother me this time of the morning?

"Yes?" I look at the two faces. I immediately look wide awake. It's Third with another man. The man smile slowly at me. He has short curly hair and looks muscled. I look down. His leg is in a cast.

"Meryl, I want you to meet Don Gummer." Third say. I out my arm on my chest. I'm wearing a pink silk pyjama dress with no bra. Gosh, why am I never in place? "Don, this is my sister, Mary Louise Streep. She is never thi unprepared."

"Screw you. I had a great sleep," I mutter and give my hand to Don. "Just call me Meryl."

He shake my hand softly and bring it to his mouth. I give an odd look as he kisses it softly. He let go of my hand and step forward.

"Thank you for your time, Miss. Streep," he nod with a smile.

"Sure, so how can I help?" I ask and step out of the way. They walk in. Gosh, I hope they won't notice how untied my apartment looks.

"I want to sue a man for riding in in front of me," Don say and point to his leg. I look at it then at him again.

"Does he know?" I ask and laugh softly. "I'll help you, but on one condition. You must not judge me for how my place look and how ugly I am now."

"This is actually the most beautiful view I've gotten my whole life," he reply and send me a wink. "Messy hair, no bra and untidy apartment."

I bite my lip with a blush. Third look disturbed at me then at him.

"No! This is my sister! She's you lawyer," he grab his face and shake his head. "Oh heaven forgive me for hating my flesh and blood."

"Oh get over it Third," I slam his shoulder and walk to the kitchen. "Coffee or tea?"

"We're not staying," Third say.

"Coffee please," Don say and take a seat at the table. I nod with a smile and take out three cups.

"Does anything I say ever matter?" Third ask in disbelief.

"Nope," I reply and look at the clock on the wall. It's only 08:34 now. I could've slept late...but I didn't. I met Don. No, he's a client. "So Mr. Gummer. What happened?"

"He drove over a red traffic light and hit me. He claimed it was an accident and didn't see me," he say and put his hands together on the table. I shake my head in disbelief and wait fir the kettle to stop boiling. "So on a personal note, are you married?"

"Me?" I laugh with an ugly snore and shake my head. "No! I'm still trying to figure out whether I want a dog or become a cat lady."

"Gosh you're cute," Don laugh. Third hit his arm giving him an angry look. I giggle and put coffee and sugar in.

"Fuck," I stop by the last cup and look at them. "I didn't ask how many sugar you take?"

"Three spoons," he nod. I sighed in relief and pour water in the cups.

"Milk?" I ask and walk to the refrigerator.

"Yes, please," he nod. I glance up at him and take the milk out.

***

It's ridiculous how I developed such a crush on him al of a sudden. I'm mad. This is either work or love. He won't choose me over getting his revenge. Gosh I feel so stupid. How can I feel like this even after John... No, no more crying. I throw my long hair over my left shoulder and walk down the street. Well, I'm having coffee with a dear friend of mine who's an actress, Sigourney.

"I swear I'm going to climb up The statue of liberty and jump of," I mutter and take my seat in front of her.

"Why not take the elevator?" she ask with a smile. I laugh and shake my head taking a deep breath in. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I smile softly and sit forward. "I just...Third introduced me to a friend that wants me to help him. It's work-stuff. We hanged out this morning and I think he was flirting with me. The moment he stepped ibto my door... I just... I don't know. It's like my world exploded and everything is just starting to make sense. Tell me I should forget about being more than his lawyer. Please Sigy, I beg you."

"From someone that lost a boyfriend, I think you're allowed to have true happiness," she say and give me a serious look. I sit back and look out. My heart cracks. I remember getting a fan attack over my favourite The godfather actor, but never had the intention that I would fall so deep for him only just to loose him in the end. "Who is it?"

"Don Gummer," I reply. She sit up straight and clear her throat. "What? You know him?"

"No," she give a sighed. "Okay, maybe a little. So my script fell and the papers literally went everywhere. You know I hate my script being together. He caught the papers and gave it to me. Damn paparazzi took pictures and spread rumors that there's love in the air."

"That's the guy!" I ask shocked and sit forward. She nod and take her coffee. I rest my chin on my hand sadly. "Maybe you two are meant to be. Maybe he just crossed my path because you're my best friend and he will meet you, remember you, marry you and let you push his babies around in a stroller because it's true love and that's basically how movies these days are based on."

"Geez, calm down and stop talking," Sigourney laugh and grab the menu waving it at me. I take a deep breath in and nod. "Meryl, I have a boyfriend, okay? Maybe he crossed my road because he was meant to be with you and only came in your life now."

"That doesn't make sense," I shake my head and steal her coffee. "I'll go with my theory. He will turn up by your wedding and stop you from getting married claiming how much he loves you and can't live without you."

She just laugh and wipe her eyes out looking down then back at me.

"You're so dramatic," she say and take her coffee back from me. "You could've been an actress, Meryl Streep."

"Yeah, I'd be the next Jane Fonda or Diane Keaton," I mumble and look at the waiter that came to our table. Finally!