Chapter 8

Playing:🎶10,000 Hours by Justin Bieber🎶

                    The announcement-

Xander's POV

I watch her go, unconsciously releasing a sigh as I observe the little sadness that flashes through her eyes, but what borders me most is the hate I see in their depths.

I zone out for a minute or two as Cain rambles on with formalities, only to be called back literally when I hear my name and a nod to say a few phrases.

"It will be of great importance to me if we can all have a good working environment," I assert, clamping my palms together to emphasize what I mean.

"For a start, you can each tell me your names," I beam, striding to the person closest to me. "You are the janitor, right? What's your name."

"Yes I am," he affirms confirming my theory as he turns out to be the man I ran into that morning. "I'm Joel."

"Nice to meet you, Joel," I acknowledge and move on to the next who is a lady. "And yours beautiful?"

"I'm Christina," she blushes, my charm seeming to work on her and I offer her a wink.

"Don't forget you've got a husband Christine," a bitchy voice sneers causing me to lift a brow as Christina's expression changes to one of fury. Her pale forehead scrunching up and teeth biting down on her red-lipsticked button lip.

"Shut up, Nadia," she warns and I don't get in the middle of their presumable catfight and stroll to a guy on Christina's left who sizes me up.

"And you are?" I inquire, stretching my hand for a shake and he accepts his grip firm.

"I'm Noah, Christina's husband," he conveys and I smile in admiration of the vibe radiating off him. We are both of the same height and build, I don't think he has anything to worry about.

"Hold her tight bro, she is beautiful," I whisper in his ears, happy to see his mouth crack in a smile.

"I'm Nadia," I wince at the screechy voice, my ears reacting to the sound.

"Ah, the famous Nadia," I snort, cocking my head to the side to access her appearance of a tight white blouse with a low neckline that gives a full view of her cleavage. The jean shorts she's wearing doesn't help either to hide her lower parts. She's gorgeous, rather the slutty attitude emitting from her makes me hold my tongue thus I'm fed up with her type.

"That's me," she giggles and even dares to run a long manicured pink nail down my chest. "You have no idea how happy I am that you get to be our new boss."

"Ehem," I clear my throat and grab a hold of her wandering finger. "I'm glad you are."

"You?" I say to a blonde dude who stood beside Helena before she excused herself.

"I'm Khale," he smirks, his whole demeanor tagging that of a Playboy.

"The rests are the chefs and bartender who aren't here but will come in soon," Cain speaks up, seeing I'm done with the introductions.

"I'm assuring you all that no one will lose their jobs on my watch, except for those who choose to resign which I'm praying against," I give a laugh and everyone joins in.

"There will be some serious renovations as you should be aware of," I explain looking each of them in the eye. "During the duration, this will take place, your wages will be attended to so you will not need to get new jobs to pay bills."

"I will look into your payments and double whatever is being given as I expect strict compliance in return when all is set and ready," I pause as whoops and claps echo in the background.