Prologue

Playing:🎶Darkside by Benjackson Troy🎶

                            -The Demon-

Xander's POV

Parking on the dark path, I alight from my dark blue Avalon, but not before gazing behind to check if I am being followed. I snatch the red baseball cap from the passenger seat that has my name inscribed on it and place it on my head for extra protection hence you never know who's lurking in the shadows.

I proceed stealthily into the woods, my feet generating crunchy noises as I step on dead dry leaves, the creaks of crickets and other night insects prompting me to shudder in fright.

A mile or two go by until I'm in the heart of the eerie atmosphere. I clear a patch of leaves with my foot to reveal a square wooden lock.

Producing a red crooked key from my pocket I unlatch it and then pull it open. It makes an ear-piercing creaky sound as it unfolds, giving way to show a dark metal staircase that leads underground.

I lower myself on it and descend till I touch the ground in the gloaming abandoned warehouse.
My orbs flicker around the place, the space I came through offering little or no illumination from the moon above.

The hairs on my skin stand on end as it's been year's I was last here and partly from the cold. It's a miracle I am able to recall the direction to this location, I guess I have to be grateful for my very active memory.

Taking a few strides forward I am paused in my steps by a voice, one I haven't heard from in almost a decade.

"Why are you late?" He questions, sounding exactly as I remember.

"You know, traffic." I apologize, making a turn to trudge to him majestically.

"If you say so," he nods, the night preventing my view of his face.

"Thank you, Azazel," I mutter, my tone neither high nor low.

"You wanted to see me?" He polls, his voice resounding through the dark abandoned warehouse.

"Yes Azazel," I smirk and try to hide the slight fear of reject nagging at the back of my head.

"What is it about?" He implores his arm going to rub his prominent chin as he fixes a stare at me.

"I want my soul back," I inform, matching his gaze with mine.

"How do you plan on getting it back?" He quizzes, stepping a few inches my way.

"With a deal Azazel, or more specifically, a pact," I tell using all my energy to stop my feet from moving backward.

"That is very difficult Xander, you sealed your vow with a drop of blood," he argues, the moonlight falling more on his face as he tilts his head upwards.

"And I'm here to make and seal another," I converse awaiting a reply.

"No, you got what you wanted, to be rich, famous, and loved, what else do you desire?" He asks, his supernatural blue eyes having a scary glint to them.

"My soul," I repeat. "Plus I know you love making deals Azazel, no matter how you try to hide it, I see the excitement and mischief you try to conceal."

"Same way I see the little fear of rejection bubbling within you, I detect it in your eyes, I hear it in your heartbeat, and the blood pumping through your veins," he sneers in response, squaring his wide shoulders to come off as intimidating.

"Hence we understand each other well, we know you've got more to win than lose, and I've got more to lose than win," I confess.

"You are right," he lets out in a husky tone, his red lips curving into a hint of a smile.