Chapter 2: Eye of the Moon

After I had left Myrtle, Things seemed normal. I went to the mail office, Picked up food for coconut, and bought two Benito boxes from Azumi's, All I needed to do now was stop by 'Rainy Day Real Estate'. 

I knocked on the door. Reyna, The owner of Rainy Day Real Estate, Swung the door open in less than a second. 

"Thank you Tom for coming," said Reyna. "There's something I need to show you, come on in."

I followed Reyna inside and sat down in her office. I wondered if Reyna was interested in selling our condo in Alabaster Place again, or if she was kicking us out because our we forgot to pay the monthly rent. 

"Now, You know about the Carolina Mansion in the end of Right Main street?"   

"Yesss-" I said, Suspiciously. "Why?"

"The Crossbys moved to The Big o' City and left the Mansion to you and your Mom," said Reyna, Shuffling a stack of papers on her desk. "So Legally, The House is Yours"

I sat upright immediately in my chair.  

"You mean- We have to PAY to get the Mansion Right?" I said, on the edge of my seat.

Reyna Shook her head. "No- Well, You might have to pay for Renovations and Paint and Whatnot, but the house seems to be in good shape."

I was getting more suspicious. "Is there a Catch?"

"No, Of course not. I just need everyone in the Nguyen Household to sign a contract, It's that simple. Just take these papers to your mother, and have her sign them."

Reyna handed me a huge stack of papers in a blue folder. I stood up and took the papers from her. 

"Have a nice day, Tom." She said. "I also have a nice weekend job if you are interested."

I stepped out of Reyna's office and out the building. I stuffed the folder in the basket on my bike, and started biking back to Alabaster Place. 

          When I got home, My Mom was Talking on the Phone. 

"Tom, I didn't Know you were back yet," I heard her shout from the kitchen. 

She walked into the entrance. 

"What's that, Honey?" She said, Pointing to the Folder. 

I explained to her Rainy Day Real Estate, The Carolina Mansion, And The Crossbys moving out. She looked deep in thought. 

"Well-" She said. "I guess I could use my savings from the Onsen and use it to make it into a fully functional Bed & Breakfast, To make more money."

She looked back up at me.

"But it's your choice Honey," She said, Walking into the Living room. "But If you could go back to check on Myrtle, I called her about the dress I was making for her granddaughter, But she didn't respond. I'm worried about her. Anyways, I have to go to the Onsen."

"Okay," I said. "And I'll make dinner tonight."

I walked out the door with my Mom, And Started biking down to Myrtle's.

Halfway, I ran into Sabrina. 

"Hey Tommy, Where you going?" She said, Holding a Flower Basket. 

"My Mom wants me to check on Myrtle's." I said. "My mom's worried about her."

"Oh, Well-" Said Sabrina. "Tell her I said Hello."

I continued biking to Myrtle's. The Regular 11:00-AM-in-the-morning things, Mary Josephs was picking up trash on the beach. Damon at Sakura Sweets was drawing on the Chalkboard for 'Buy One get One Free Milkshakes'.  When I finally got down to Myrtle's, She didn't answer the door. I found my key and opened the door, But it wasn't locked. The door creaked opened. 

"Myrtle?" I said. "You here? My Mom said You-" 

Something on the Dining table caught my eye. I walked over, and I found a box. Not just any Box, a Box filled with pictures. But that's not what caught my eye. The picture on top was splattered with Fresh Blood.