Chapter 1: Cresent Moon

I woke up, In the same Regular Condo I had been in since I was Nine. Hi, I'm Tom Nguyen. You are not into regular lives about home schooled kids, I recommend you toss this story aside. If you're Into Murder, Fantasy, Dark Family Secrets, and A Magical Cave, I recommend you stay. Like I said, I'm Tom Nguyen, I'm Thirteen and from a Vietnamese Family. I Live on a Nice, Wholesome Island, Called Sakura Shores. It's not that widely known. Sakura Shores is mostly filled with people from the big city, looking to get away, Like Newly-Wedded Couples or Retirees. Its- Well, Quiet, Nicely Quiet. I know everyone on the island, And everyone the Island knows me. Other than the Foster's new Baby, Esther, I'm the youngest person on the Sakura Shores. I Don't go to school, because There are really no schools on Sakura Shores, I just bike around, Going to the Festival, running errands for my mom, And Exploring the Beach. My Mom, By the Way, Does A lot of odd jobs to keep us at Our little Condo in Alabaster place, Right Next to the Stairs that lead to downtown Blossom District. I Stand up, and the Imminently the smell of Roses, Daisies, Ferns, Cacti, Irises, Nearly kill me. My Mom keeps Flowers to Sell to Evelynn Rose, Who Owns 'Evelynn's Flower Shop' In times Square.  Fight my way past the Toxic Smell of Irises my mom Keeps next to my bedside. I pull on some jeans and a gray T-Shirt, and Walk downstairs

 The Toxic Smell of Flowers In my Room is Nothing Compared to the Entrance or The Living room or the Kitchen. Its a wonderful smell, sure, but It's so overwhelming I have to wear a gas mask sometimes. 

"Tom, Honey, I didn't know you where up yet," Said My Mom's Cheerful voice from the Kitchen. 

When I said I'm from a Vietnamese Family, I mean I'm partially Vietnamese. My Mom Is White, My dad, is well- I never met him. He abandoned my mom when I was born. 

"Uhhh-, Yeah I am. I was Gong to go bike over to Myrtle's to go check on her, If that's okay with you, of course." I said, Putting on a Tan Sweater Myrtle had knitted for me one year. 

"Of Course, Honey. I just need you to drop down to the Post office. and After that, I'm going to Mitsuki's to see if I can do a couple of Shifts," she said, Stirring a big pot of Oatmeal. "And, If you could stop by Reyna's, that would be nice. She said the Carolina Mansion Is up for sale. I wanted to see If I could do a couple of shifts to make it into a fully-functional B&B."

"Mom," I said. She always overworked herself. She had One Day job at the Cherry Grove Tea house, One Night Job at the Secret Garden Restaurant and Bar, And on the Weekends did One or Two Shifts at  Mitsuki's Onsen.  "You Need to Stop working so much. I can find a part-time job, and you can take a little time off."

My Mom Chuckled. "No, Tom, It's- It's just not like that. I wish You could help me, but I need you to look after Myrtle and  Water My Plants, and Take care of coconut. Someday, This will all make sense. Someday Very, Very, Soon."

I Kissed My Mom on the check and headed out the front door for my bike, and started biking down main street. It's the Usual 10-o'clock-on-a-Monday, Madam Mariposa's taking care of her Garden, The Foster's are walking Esther in her stroller, Evelynn's water her flowers. All's normal. The Beach side was Nice. I biked past Sabrina Newman, a pretty fifteen-year-old who's not much taller than me. I raced down the Street past Ursula's Mermaid Museum. Ursula Is obsessed with Mermaids, and believes those old legends about Mermaid swimming up to shore on the Sakura moon, and blessing humans with 'Pearls of Friendship' and granting them immortality, surprisingly though, The Museum hasn't closed yet, I guess some people believe about these 'Mermaids' after all. Once I reached Myrtle's house, I knock on the door. Nothing happens. I knock another time. Nothing. I reach for the key to the door, when it swings open. Myrtle, Is wearing a pink, English-style dress that my grandmother would've worn. 

"Come in, My dear, Please, I'll make us some Tea," Said Myrtle, Ushering me inside. 

I sit down on the Bar stool in Myrtle's kitchen, While Myrtle makes some tea.

"Green Tea or Jasmine Tea, My dear?" said Myrtle. 

"Green Tea," I said, looking at the books on the Table. 

Me and Myrtle sat in Silence. Until Myrtle bravely broke the Ice.

"I won't be Living for much longer, Tom." She said, Handing me my green tea. "One of theese days, I'll die in my sleep."

I took a sip of my tea.

"Hopefully you'll live till you're birthday, isn't it two days away?" I said.

"Oh, yes, Oh, Yes, my dear. I was born on the Blood Moon. My mother said It was the the Mark of the Devil. but I think I turned out perfectly, Don't you?" 

I took another sip. "Yes, Definitively. You're he oldest living person on Sakura Shores."

"That Isn't Much to brag about Tom," she said, Taking a big sip of her Green Tea. "It's just a long time to make enemies. I know I have made a few."

"You but your the-"

A crash came from the Hallway. 

"I better go check that out," said Myrtle, Getting up from her seat. 

"Oh no, I can if you want me too-"

"No, It's fine my dear, why don't you get going. I'm sure you have a lot of errands to do for your dear mum."

"Oh, Ok," said Tom, A little bit disappointingly.

                   Hello!

I am Anna Stevens, and I would really like to know how you like Sakura moon so far, Please Like if you want me to add another chapter!