Chapter 4: Hunter Moon

"One Chocolate Cone," I said to the Cashier. "And a Strawberry cone."

The Ice Cream cones were whipped up in less than a minute. Daisy dug into the pockets of her white skirt and paid the Cashier. 

We walked outside of Sakura Sweets, and found a nice bench with a view of the beach. 

"So how did you get in Myrtle's closet?" I asked.

Daisy took a lick of her Ice Cream and Sighed. 

"Myrtle, or what you call that wretched demon, Threatened to expose me to the Island if I didn't pay her," said Daisy. 

"But how did she know you were an E.T?" I asked.

Daisy took another lick of her Ice cream. 

"She saw me and my crew land," said Daisy. "Me and My Sister, Τριαντάφυλλο."

"Your sister's name was what?" 

"Τριαντάφυλλο. Rose, in your language."

Of course. Daisy and Τριαντάφυλλο were the kids of the crazy lady who named her kids after plants. 

"Rose Didn't make it out alive. Myrtle took me hostage instead. I heard her phone calls in the dead of the night to the people she blackmailed. I was tied up in the closet. No food. Myrtle somehow knew I could go for a whole century without food."

Then It hit me. 

"Daisy," I said. "How long were you in there?"

"I don't know. But there must of been a heatwave here. When I was here, there was snow evvveeeryyywhere."

"Daisy," I looked at her curiously. "It hasn't snowed here in eleven years. You've been locked in that closet for eleven years."

Daisy dropped her Ice cream cone. 

"No," said Daisy, Putting her hand on her head. "I was in there for only a week- It's still 2010, Right?"

I shook my head. "Daisy, It's 2021," I said. 

"That means I'm- No. I can't be," she said. "I'm still 972. I'm still a Teenage E.T. 

I nodded. 

"Daisy, You're 983," I said. "And how can you be 983? You're still young."

Daisy lowered her hands from her head. "The E.T. Race slowly ages," said Daisy. "E.T. can let time pass for ten years and not realize it's a new timeline, apparently."

A tear rolled down her cheek. I patted her on the back. 

"C'mon," I said. "I still need to show you round Sakura Shores, Don't I?"

By One o'clock, I had Introduced Daisy to Gunther, Leon, Alice, Evelynn, Coconut (The Island Mascot), And shown her Monique's boutique (And managed to get out of there without spending too much money), The National Gardens (Daisy Apparently had a thing for eating flowers), Rainy Day real estate (Reyna gave me a weird look for bringing a girl there), Evelynn's Flowers, And we were now walking around the blossom district, Where Daisy had picked up a stray cat and adopted it. 

"Why do you have to keep that thing?" I said, looking at its matted Orange-and-white hair and sharp claws. 

"Well, Don't you see-" Said Daisy, holding the cat up. "It's a terrifying Beast that feeds on innocent men!"

I rolled my eyes. "Daisy," I said. "It's a cat."

"I'm naming this bloodthirsty beast-" 

She looked like she was giving it a hard thought. 

"Whiskers." She decided. 

I chuckled. 

Me and Daisy kept walking around The blossom district, and unfortunately ran into Sabrina, and I managed to get out of there without the girls at each others throats. 

By the time it was Five, Daisy had seen about a 3/4 of the entire island. 

"Well-" I said, Tiredly plopping down on a park bench next to Daisy. "I think that about covers most of Sakura Shores."

"No, Not Quite," said Daisy, Putting 'Whiskers' In an old picnic basket.. "I still have something I need to show you."

Daisy Sprang up, Grabbed my hand and started Running. 

"Where are we going?" I said, Out of breath by the time she had pulled me by Myrtle's house. 

"C'mon," She said. "Just follow me. It'll be fine."

Daisy Pushed her way past the palm trees that ended the street by Myrtle's house.

I Hesitantly followed. It reminded me once when I first moved here, I was wandering by the palm trees we were going through now, and I got but by a scorpion.

"Wait up!" I yelled to Daisy. 

For an 983 year-old E.T. that spend eleven years locked up in a closet, she was pretty fast.

When I finally got to Daisy, There was a clearing on the other side of the palm tree forest, and near Where Daisy was standing, was a cave I was definitely sure hadn't been there before. 

"C'mon, You slowpoke," Said Daisy. "Let me show you around the Mermaid Realm."