Mackenzie's POV.

I hid close behind my mom as she opened the door for our guests, she patted my head, slightly running her hands through my pigtail,

"ANNE!" I watch as my mom hugs the woman with a floral blouse, she smiles, flipping her curly light blonde hair over her shoulder, dimples were concaving into her cheeks, the woman looks down at me, flashing a toothy grin.

"This must be little Mackenzie!" She tilts her head, I let out a small gasp, ducking behind my Mom's legs, I slightly poke my head out, seeing a small boy hiding behind the woman, just like me.

The woman pushes him out to the front, the small buzzed-cut blonde boy, with green-hazel eyes.

"Go say hi." She motions him towards me, He glances at me, then back at the woman who must be his mother, he looks down, and holds out his tiny hand.

"Nice to meet you," He weakly smiles, revealing a missing tooth," I'm Ashton."

I look down at his hand, and step towards him, "Mackenzie."

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the school intercom.

"Mackenzie Hemlock, please report to the guidence counselors office."

I sigh, tucking a loose strand of my hair behind my ear, I begin to pack up my things when I'm hit with a crumpled piece off paper, I pick it up, opening it.

The words 'Loser' in black sharpie are written in the middle of the page, I toss it to the floor, slinging my bag over my shoulder, I pick up my books and clutch them close to my chest.

I feel everyones eyes on me, watching my every move, my hands begin to shake, I almost make it to the door, when I'm tripped by someones foot. My books fly across the floor, the class bursts into laughter, my face turns red, I quickly gather my books, as I'm about to grab the last book, someones foot stomps on the book, my eyes trail up the person's leg.

Ashton Irwin.

"Well, look what we have here?" He picks up the book, my eyes widen as it reveals it's my journal.

He looks at the cover, "Your personal journal?" He laughs, I gasp as he turns to the first page, reading all my thoughts that I've had for the past few years, I immediatley get up from the floor, stuffing my books in my bag as quick as I can, I reach for my journal, but Ashton leans away, still reading, he laughed, he began reading it aloud,

"I've sliced four new cu-" He stops as my small fist collides with his face, he falls out of his chair, dropping my journal, the class bursts into oooh's, I gasp, seeing my fist beginning to bruise, I look at Ashton, he's clutching his jaw while looking at me with astonishment, but then fills up with rage.

"You little bitch!" He growls, i quickly grab my book, brushing off the dust from Ashton's shoe. His annoying fake girlfriend, rushes to his side, her fake boobs almost falling out of her small tiny shirt.

"Ashton baby you alright?" She says in her fake voice, she quickly checks ashton's jaw, her eyes filled with fake worry, I scoff, obviously she's just using Ashton for popularity, she snaps her head to glance at me.