Chapter2: Break the Solemnity

Back in the Mirror room, students gathered and chatted to one another as they were given their dorms. They all wore gowns of black and gold, hoods over their heads hiding most of their features.

"This ends the dorm assignment for the new students, I presume?" Said a young male, his name was Riddle, one of the main dorm leaders of the college. One could just barely see his short rose red hair from underneath her hood, but his piercing silver eyes were on full display. "Listen up new students. Here in Heartslabyul, I am the rules. Break them and it's off with your head."

On the other side of the room another dorm leader stood, sighing when he heard Riddle's words. "...Ugh. The stuffy ceremony is finally over." Leona said, resting a dark hand on his head. Long dark locks came from his hood, with two slights for his large cat ears. His jade gaze, looked lazily over the new students, not paying attention. "We're going back to the dorm. Savanaclaw, follow me." he began to lead his group towards the exit.

The third dorm leader wore a polite unnerving smile, complemented by his blue mischievous gaze hidden behind his glasses. His hair was a silvery color and hung over the left side of his face. "To the new students, congratulations on entering this academy. Enjoy your life here to its fullest." Azul bowed to them, smiling, but it was neither welcoming or comforting. "As the dorm leader of Octavinelle. I will support you to the best of my ability."

"Which reminds me, where did the headmaster go? He flew out right in the middle of the ceremony..." Vil, the fourth dorm leader asked out loud. Vil had long shoulder-length blond hair slowly fading into a lilac. His violet eyes gave him beauty and elegance.

"Abandoning his post..." the fifth dorm leader, India, stated. In his place was a pad glowing a bright blue floating off the ground. Though the screen did not show his face, his words were monochrome and robotic.

Kalim looked over at the screen with a questioning look, his short white hair just barely showing  from his hood. "Did he get a stomachache or something?" the sixth dorm leader asked, his ruby eyes looking around the room.

"Not at all!" Crowley's voice boomed as the doors slammed open, startling everyone. The gentleman walked into the room carrying a small creature in a whip. A figure following behind him direst like all the rest of the students, their face hidden from view.

"Ah, he's here." Riddle said, just as startled as everyone else.

"I cannot believe you all. We were missing one new student, so I went to find them." Crowley exclaimed, he then addressed the student. "You are the only one yet to be assigned a dormitory. I shall watch over the raccoon, so step in front of the Dark Mirror." the small beast growled in his hand, still unable to speak to them. Aggravation evident in his cyan eyes.

The girl nodded, not wanting to upset the one who saved her. She wanted to be in her normal outfit, not some fancy ceremony robes. As she stepped up to the mirror, she felt a strange sense of nostalgia hit her. The dream relevantly fresh in her mind, the hand that saved her from the suffocating darkness.

"State thy name."  It spoke, its voice very deep. Deep enough to surprise the girl, who gasped quietly as the voice boomed. It was not the same voice that had guided her, this one caring a much more ancient aspect. As if knowing everything in the world around it.

"Xinyi..." She said, her voice barely audible to the pears around her. Everyone looked at her, just making out her golden eyes, and a lock of brown hair. An unknown being was she.

"Xinyi..." It repeated looking into her, searching all her person. "The Shape of thy soul is..." the Mirror paused, a bit distorted. "Is unknown."

"Come again?" Crowley asked, taking a step to stand next to the girl. It was evident he was startled by the mirror's words.

"I sense not a spark of magic from this one... The color, the shape, all are nothing." it started scanning her once more, looking at what she bared.  "Therefore, they are suited for no dormitory."

When the mirror became silent whispers filled the room, bringing an unknown shame into the girl. She knew that she was not meant to be here, yet why did she feel like she was home.

"An Ebony Carriage would absolutely never go to meet someone who can't use magic!" The headmaster exclaimed, shock evident in his voice. "In one hundred years, there has not once been a mistake in student selection. So why in the world..." he began to mutter his words, stringing together his thoughts.

"Mmmph...pwah!" With the man distracted, the racoon-like creature escaped its bounds. "Then I'll take their place!"

"Stay right there! Racoon!" Crowley yelled as the creature raced towards the girl and the Dark Mirror.

"Unlike that dumb human, I can use magic! Let me in the school instead!" The thing yelled as it came closer. A trail of smoke followed from behind him, the only indicator of the things intent. "If you need proof, I'll show you right now!"

"Everyone, get down!" Riddle yells, making everyone stand back. Xinyi, being one of the closest to the creature, could only fall to the ground in means to shelter herself as the fire erupted. Smoke and heat filled the area around the beast as blue fire erupted around the room, spreading quickly.

"Waaah! Hot! My butt's on fire!" Kalim wailed, being one of the people who did not heed the warning. Xinyi heard his cries, and rushed over, taking off the overcoat in hopes of extinguishing the blue flame.

"At this rate, the school will be a sea of fire! Somebody catch that raccoon!" Crowley yells while combating the flames to protect the students. Some of the peers started rushing towards the monster, trying to detain it, only for it to dart away.

Leona sighed growling at the scene. "Che! What a pain." he scoffed, rolling his emerald eyes, unfazed by the spreading flame.

"Hmm? Aren't you good at hunting? Doesn't it look like a nice, plump snack?" Vil asked, a playful smirk held on his lips.

"Why me? Do it yourself." Leona argued, glaring at the blond.

Azul stepped up away from his group, pushing his glasses up against his nose. "Mr. Crowley, please leave this to me." he said, his voice slippery and smooth. "I'm sure the others couldn't stomach harassing the poor creature, so I will take it upon myself."

"That's Azul for you. Always trying to earn himself points." the small blue pad spoke, not having much emotion to his words.

"Um, hey, could someone put out my butt fire already!?" Kalim asked, a bit frantic, only to feel a slight pat on his back. He turned to see the last student, patting his back with her coat to extinguish the flame. She was gentle in her actions and once the flame was out Kalim thanked her. She smiled kindly at him before turning to the intruder.

"Are you all even listening?" Crowley Exclaimed, a bit hysterical at the situation. Both worrying about the schools integrity and the safety of the students.

"If it's just catching some stupid raccoon, can't you do it yourself, teach?" Lion yawned, still finding the situation boring and unworthy of his time.

"For the last time, I'm not a raccoon!?" The small thing yelled, the flames growing larger as he smiled. "The Great Grim that will become the greatest magician ever is me!"

Azul was a bit surprised at the creature words. "It certainly has moxie. Care to assist me, Riddle?" The silver asked, looking towards the red head leader.

Riddle looked at the situation and let out a long sigh. "I can't overlook those who break rules. Let's hurry and get this over with." He said as they jumped into action to capture the small being.

That is, until a coat fell over the beast effectively catching it, smoothing its flames. Everyone stared in shock and silence covered the room.

Among the greatest things to be found,

The Being of Nothingness is by far the greatest.

~ Jean-Paul Sartre

________________________________________________________________________________

Art form the game again.