The First Day Baby!

She walked inside the factory. It felt like she was moving in slow motion. She wanted to get in as fast as possible. This day was exciting for Emily, it was her first day at the Red Bull factory. She had been looking forward to this day since she got the call from Christian Horner himself.

'Congratulations miss Grand, you've got the job'

She remembered his words as if he called her yesterday. Of course, she directly called Noah to tell him the good news. Noah was her best friend and had already gotten a job at Red Bull, he was living her dream, although she would be living her dream soon too. He was so excited for her, couldn't wait to travel the world with her. He had invited her to the factory before, but she had friendly declined his offer. She wanted the first time going to the factory to be her official working day there and not some visit-your-friend visit.

The doors of the huge building opened automatically. Emily entered a room with a desk and all the trophies Red Bull won. She took a moment to take it all in. It looked very impressive. She recognized the 2008 Italian GP trophy, it was the one from Sebastian Vettel's first win back at Torro Rosso.

She watched that race with her dad, she remembered it quite well. It was at the hospital, her dad was getting ready for surgery, stubborn to wait till the race was over. Just before Sebastian passed the finish line the nurses had convinced her dad to go with them. His chances of survival were already low and delaying the surgery wouldn't make things better at all.

Unfortunately, he passed away after the surgery. Emily had found it difficult to stay positive after that. Her dad was the light in her life, but she found peace with him passing away. He already had said goodbye to her before he went to the hospital. He had lived his life, and he'd asked Emily to live hers.

And that's why she stood in this building. Almost 3 years later, just before the 2011 season. Following her and his dream, working in formula one. 'Ah miss Grand, there you are!' A voice behind her said. Emily quickly turned around. 'Noah!' Noah walked up to her with a tall, young, brunette man. 'This is Emily.' Noah said to the man. He was quite handsome and could really be her type, but she felt like she wasn't his type. His eyes glanced at Noah. 'Nice to meet you.' She said while shaking the man's hand. 'Tony, it's so cool to have a girl on the traveling team!' He giggled and Emily smiled at him. 'Ready for your job as head of social media?' Noah curiously asked. 'Duh!' Emily grinned.

'Let's go to the cafeteria, I'm getting hungry. Besides, it will take some time before Christian is ready for you.' Typical Noah, always hungry. Emily nodded as Tony and Noah lead the way towards the cafeteria.

Tony told Emily about the preseason testing that was coming up and how he was really excited for the season. Emily couldn't follow what Tony and Noah were talking about half of the time, it was about some pitstop strategy. Yes, she was familiar with the basic parts of the car and the aerodynamics, but nothing more.

'Can I borrow Emily please?' Christian said while approaching the table. Emily said goodbye to the chatty guys and followed Christian to his office. She noticed how close the two of them were, she had to talk with Noah. He had never mentioned Tony before.

As they walked past the trophy's someone was entering the building. She glanced at the young man with ocean blue eyes, he was wearing a Red Bull cap with the hood of his hoodie over it. Must be a fan... He noticed Emily staring at him and glanced back, that's when Emily awkwardly broke the eye contact. She could feel his eyes all over her but didn't dare to look back.