September 15, 2013

⚠️ABUSE⚠️

⚠️ABUSE⚠️

🌸

"Lee Chaeri, the top of the class. With an average of 99.4%, she won thirteen medals worldwide. Congratulations to the one and only Lee Chaeri of Class 2-1!" 

Everyone's mouths erupted in yells. Chaeri rose from her seat and walked to the front to accept her certificate and a massive gold medal.

"Where are your parents?" the teacher inquired as she approached the front of the class.

Chaeri shook her head and smiled. "They're busy," she lied. Her parents become involved whenever Chaeri achieves a perfect score. That's why they didn't attend the ceremony.

That was always the case. Her existence would only be noticed by her parents if she received full marks on her exams and a perfect grade point average.

When she thought of it, she gave a bitter smile to the camera. She exists solely to satisfy her parents.

Chaeri is the Lee family's second daughter. Gaeul, her eldest sister, was already a doctor with a degree and a PhD when she turned 25. She began college at the age of sixteen and completed her degree at the age of 25.

Heeseung Lee, the Lees' only son and middle child, is already in college and taking five different courses at the same time. At the age of eighteen, he also holds the distinction of being the first and youngest Korean student to rank first globally in averages ranking.

And, the heavy pressure was passed down to Chaeri, who's sixteen and is still in high school. Their parents were disappointed at her for being too different from her sister and brother. 

"Next, we have Nishimura Riki, who got a 94% average..." 

Chaeri walked back to her seat, mindless of what was currently happening and anxious when she returned home. 

She only snapped out when Riki almost collided with her body. She bowed slightly and hurried on to her seat. 

Riki didn't mind at all and only went to the front to get his certificate without taking a picture since he glared at the photographer. 

"Chaeri-ssi, do you want to eat pizza with us? You know, to celebrate your accomplishment!" the brunette said, acting close to Chaeri by grabbing her arm.

Chaeri half-heartedly giggled and slowly removed the girl's hand from her arm. "I will celebrate with my family, thank you." She smiled. 

The girl fakely smiled and turned around. Chaeri was aware of the intentions of those approaching her, whether it was to leech on her, answer their homework, or extort money from her.

That's why she's good at handling people. She is, after all, a people pleaser. 

She was immediately picked up by their driver after the ceremony. She hurriedly got into the car, becoming uneasy as meaningful stares pierced her as if she had made a huge mistake.