September 22, 2013

Nishimura Riki

Nishimura Riki.

It was September 22, 2013 when I went to the academy to attend special classes. 

When I arrived at the academy, there were plenty of students who came here with the same reason as mine. 

I was here to take science and math class since my parents told their friend to teach me and look after me. 

I ran my hand through my hair before putting on my navy cap. Good thing I was wearing an oversized shirt since the weather was too hot. 

I opened my phone to check where the room was. It was found on the second floor. I rushed to the stairs and immediately climbed up. 

When I arrived, I checked the label that was plastered on top, and then went to my phone to see if I had arrived at the right destination. 

I knocked before opening the door. There was no one there yet. So, I walked slowly and my eyes wandered around the room. 

Was this the right place?

I gulped when I saw an empty canvas near the window. The canvas was blank, no taint of colors mixed with it. 

Then, I saw myself on the canvas. 

"Mr. Nishimura?" I was startled when someone spoke. 

I looked back and saw Chaeri entered. She wore a red plaid skirt and a black cropped cardigan. She smiled and waved her hand at me as she approached my place. 

She stopped in front of me, then glanced at what was on my side. 

"What brings you here?" she asked. 

I scratched my nape before looking away. "I'm taking private lessons about science and math, you?" I asked, shy about the fact that I'm not smart and she might look down at me since she's far different from me. 

But, she nodded, "That's good. You can do well," she said, softly. 

"But, I think you entered the wrong room." She quietly chuckled, which confused me. 

Entered the wrong room? But the room that was sent by my mom is room 9. 

"This is the art room. Room 9. Science and Math is under Mr. Heeseung's class, Room 6." she said, and fixed her beret. 

Huh? 

"But my mom sent me a picture of room 9 that will be my..." Wait, don't tell me it was intentional? 

No, No way. My parents knew that I feared art and art almost took my life away. 

Do they want me gone? 

Suddenly, the place where I was with Chaeri changed.

I was in the middle of my room, facing the imperfect arts. I saw myself tearing down the artwork I had worked hard for months on.