September 19, 2013

Nishimura Riki

Nishimura Riki

I stared at the ceiling, blankness within my eyes. Two days have passed since Wednesday, and today is Friday, the last day of the week. 

However, due to the weather forecast, school was cancelled due to heavy rain. As a result, I can't see Chaeri's face.

"Did I just think about her?" I wondered.

"No, it was just a slip of the tongue," I explained.

In this season, I would paint countless times just to perfect my abstract for the rain. I painted a lot but none of them has reached my satisfaction. 

I went into a frenzy when I made a single mistake because I put too much passion into it.

If you give too much love, you will go frenzy and become obsessed to the point where you're on the verge of killing yourself if you make a mistake. 

I closed my eyes and tried to rest. The rain kept dancing and singing in their music, called pitter patter. 

It seems like the clouds poured their sadness on us and the raindrops felt happy to be free from it, because they wanted the clouds to feel light and free of their sadness, and after the rain, there will be a dazzling rainbow and the sun to shine their way.

No matter how down you are, a single person will make its way to you, providing light in the midst of the darkness.

I sighed and rose from my bed. I ran my hand through my hair before my gaze was drawn to the pink paper I had set aside earlier.

My upper lip slightly twitched upwards. How long had it remained unopened? Two days. 

Would Chaeri be upset if she found out I didn't open her letter?

I took the piece of paper from my desk and unfolded it. I was taken aback by how lovely the paper's design was.

"I hope that a friendship will blossom between us. Our friendship would bloom as beautifully as the cherry blossoms." I read out. 

I remained silent and read the sentences over and over until they became ingrained in my mind.

"She wants to be friends with me?" I mumbled. 

I lowered my gaze to the cherry design. I smiled when I realized it was literally her. Chaeri the Cherry. 

I opened my drawer and saw my art supplies. At the sight of it, I flinched. Nonetheless, I was able to acquire an empty glass jar.

I twisted the lid open and inserted the paper into the jar. I decided that if she kept writing me letters, I'd keep it until she stopped.

Then, at the end of the day, I'd tell her that I was keeping her letters.

And why would I do such a thing? I'm not entirely sure.

I went back to bed after putting the jar back in the drawer. I took my phone from the side and began scrolling through social media.