September 24, 2013

Nishimura Riki

Nishimura Riki

It was September 23rd when leaves from trees fell on the ground. 

I realized it was the season of autumn. I waited for the next bus at the station when a leaf fell on my hair. 

It was autumn. Yeah, maybe I only acted and had the feeling of nostalgic yearning when I saw Chaeri painted. 

It was all because of autumn. It made me feel emotions, which confused me. 

There was no way I would go back to that dimension. 

The leaf on my hair changed its color. It turned into a pumpkin orange color. People often say that autumn is a season when everything changes. 

I doubted that statement.

I stood straight when a bus finally arrived. It was almost 7am, one hour before school started. 

I charged my bus card and went to the back. Thankfully, the place wasn't crowded. It only had six persons. 

I leaned the side of my head against the window and hugged my bag. I tried to take a nap since I didn't get enough sleep last night because of what happened two days ago. 

After that incident, I didn't see Chaeri throughout the day. 

I felt ashamed of myself for crying in front of a girl. I was embarrassed to show my weakness. 

But somehow, my weaknesses only appear when Chaeri is on my side. 

She was...

Hope.

Hope...?

Ah, we just met, yet these dangerous feelings stirred up inside my chest. 

No, I'm only confused because it was the first time I got treated in that way. 

The way she said those words was delicate, and her touch was soft and light, like the clouds shrouding the sky. 

Time passed and I had already arrived at the school. I walked out of the bus and went to the gate. The guard greeted me with a good morning, which I only nodded at. 

As usual, the school was lively. It felt like I was the only one who was bland. They all have their own color; bright colors.They were painted with different colors. They were once blank canvases but soon painted by the person they found happiness with. 

Ha, when will I be able to get painted? 

Never. 

"Have you heard that Chaeri's brother passed the SNU entrance test? Their family is really extraordinary." 

Her brother? 

I was about to put on my headphones when a black car stopped in front of me. Not literally in front of me.