Squawkble [Rod & Brody]

Words: 333
just in case it isn't clear, the title is a play on words on squawk and squabble hfshfhjs

(also on Discord, edited) might be OOC. but if anyone's gonna have petty arguments, it's most likely these two lmao

_____

Rod's POV:

So there we were, facing one another. This time, we weren't together as a team. It's every bird for themselves now. Apparently they've all forgotten the moments we spend together. There's only one thing in mind; a selfish goal. No matter if they have to trample and betray the people they once cared about.

The atmosphere was tense. It seemed like some of us weren't having hopes of victory. My situation was almost the same. Fortunately, I had a few tricks up my sleeve, so— 

wait.. no... 

"BRODY! You can't just do that!"

Brody rolled his eyes. "Rod, I think we've made it very clear that yes, I can do that. And— you know what? I was gonna go easy on you but you made me do this,"

"No, what are you doing? Don't you dare—"

"Oops, already did. And there's nothing you can do about it,"

Brody had a smug grin that I wish I could wipe off his dumb face. 

"You're heartless!"

"It's called being resourceful. Do we really need to have this argument again?"

I sighed. "Fine."

"That's what I thought, chicken,"

And now, he's crossed the line.

"Say that to my face again,"

"Oh? You mean C-H-I-C—"

"If you finish that sentence I'll make sure you'll regret it,"

"Heh, I'd like to see you try. You're all squawk no bite,"

"Roosters don't squawk. And look who's talking. Remember who had a tantrum two weeks ago?"

"I for one know that you bumped the table—"

"Nuh-uh! Just admit I'm better at Jenga than you,"

"How about you accept that you're losing at Uno right now?"

"That's because you're a filthy cheater,"

"And you're a lying piece of—"

"Alright,"

Speedy interrupted our yells, and we both simultaneously shut our beaks.

"Game night is over, cadets. It's bedtime already," he said, followed by sighs of relief from the others.

"Let's remember to not play Uno again," Speedy muttered to Bea, Penny and Swift, to which they simply nod in agreement.