Chapt 2• Interesting

꧁꧂

| SAGE |

| SAGE |

"Sage I realized you were looking at Zane Silver the entire first period— Beth murmurs in my ear.

I tried to change the subject to someone I mean— something other than him. I couldn't think of anything... shit—

"Well.." "to be honest I don't know  why I did." I say quietly walking out of the room. "Hm." She replied sourly—  as we both strolled out of the room together, Zane was leaning against the lockers like he was waiting for someone—  then he peeks over at me and Beth.

Zane slowly was coming towards us, making my heart skip a beat. As I stood there like an idiot he just walked past us—

Yeah still an asshole.

I scoff at his actions "Sage I have to go to Algebra so I'll see you at lunch?" Beth said almost walking away. "Yeah I'll see you there." I wave goodbye to her.

I started to walk down the hall to go to my next class of the morning. I felt a touch on my waist that pinned me against the lockers; I flinch.

I had my eyes closed from the action so I open my eyes to see those two colored eyes with mine. "Zane what are you doing.." I whispered "hell if I know." His mint breath hit my face— "do you mind telling me your name Ms Adams.." he says quietly as we got looks from people who were in the hallway.

"It's Sage," "can you let me go now— I ask politely as I could. "Sage." He repeated to himself "what?" I say trying to get out of his grasp.

He lets go of my waist then walked away— what the hell?

All of a sudden walking into class I was questioning Zane Silver, and it honestly drove me nuts.

"Hey— I heard a whisper from a guy that was sitting behind me. "Are you the new girl I've heard about" he tilts his head.
"Well if you haven't seen me before,I think I am." I say as a joke. But he didn't get it— "I guess your right." He said.

"Well it's nice meeting you.." "it's Sage." I replied before he asked. "I'm Mason," he flashed his smile with his brilliant white teeth.

He's cute— he has brown curly hair, brown eyes and wears glasses on his soft face. "Well Sage, would you like it if I can sit next to you." He says still smiling at me "um yeah sure" I say moving my things to one side of the table.

His scent of cologne came over to the table.

"Question— do you wanna come sit with me during lunch period after this" he turns his head towards me; once again. "Yeah I don't want too." I say taking down my bun to let my hair fall— I saw him peek as I did so.

The teacher made me introduce myself to everyone. And then started to explain this partnered assignment— I honestly hope Mason asks me to be partners with him.

"You wanna do this together" he whispered softly into my ear "mhm you read my mind." I slightly laugh— "good, and I can give you my number, so we can do this at your house possibly." He suggests to me. "Yeah I would like that Mason." I say giving him my phone so he can make a contact.

"Here you go." He grinned handing it back.

The bell started to ring— so I look away from him to get up and walked out to go into the lunch room.

꧁꧂

I continue to eat my rice and chicken by myself cause Beth still has a class—

So this is just an awkward way to start the first day of my school year. "Sage— My eyes lighten up from a voice "yeah?" I sigh from relief.

Then I realized it was Zane talking to me. His tall figure stood over me— "can I ask you something." He mumbles sitting down next to me. "Mhm sure— I muffled in my hand "I need a tutor." "And I know you can help me." He says trying to sound as nice as possible.

"And why should I do that." I say softly, to see his reaction "What do you want Sage." He glued his eyes upon my own. "Possibly a bought lunch for me every school day, and possibly get me on a date with Mason." I didn't mean to say the last part out loud—

I noticed his hand slightly tensed up. "Mason who— he says hesitantly "I think it was Clifford." I reply finishing my food. "Fine." He answers— I smile "thank you Zane." "And I'll start a lesson with you tomorrow on history." I added.

"Ok, I'll see you later Adams." He sat up to walk back to his table.

This is gonna be an interesting day tomorrow.