The Morning After

Ariana POV

My internal clock woke me up and I looked around remembering what transpired last night. I couldn't help but smirk. I hear the shower running and was going to join her, but I saw the time on my phone. 8 am! I have to get to work. I'm gonna be late, I'm never late. I find a pen and an old receipt on the nightstand.

Good morning Y/n,

I had a great time last night. Sorry I couldn't stay, I have to get to work. I'd love to get to know you better.

XXX-XXX-XXXX (my phone number)

Ari

I ran out the door and haled a cab. I texted Scott telling him to meet me out front with fresh clothes. He responded only with the smirking emoji. Smug ass...

We pulled up to my office building and I spot Scott at the side entrance. Thankfully there's a bathroom to the left of the door. I quickly change and collect myself so it doesn't look like I just did the walk of shame.

I walk out and see Scott waiting for me to spill. "Not now Scott, we're at work."

"Fine, but you have to tell me every detail later."

"What's on the agenda today?" I say trying to bring him back to work mode.

"Right. You have a meeting at 10, 11, and lunch with your mom at 1. I also hired your new personal assistant, Ms. Alexander. She is already here getting a tour of the place."

"Great. Have her bring me a coffee, I am gonna need it."

"Mhmm. You looked like you had a long night." He says smugly.

"Shut up. I admit to nothing." I walk away laughing.

I get to my desk and see the mountain of paperwork waiting for my signature. I just put my head in my hands and sigh. I hear my door open and don't even look up.

"Speak."

"Um, Scott sent me with your coffee Ms. Grande." I stop, that voice. I've heard it before. I slowly look up.

"Y/n?! What're are you doing here?" I say utterly confused.

"I guess I'm your new personal assistant." She says giving a weak smile and tugging her ear.

"But Scott said it was some girl," I pause thinking of the name, "Ms. Alexander..." I say in complete denial.

"Some girl, is me. My full name is Y/n Alexander, but I prefer my nickname, Alex."

"And I prefer you on top of me, not under me." I mumble.

"What was that?" she asks.

I stand up and brush off my blazer. "Nothing. Um thanks for the coffee and welcome to Moonlight Industries." I say extending a hand to her. "I feel we should maintain our professional relationship from this point out."

She looked down, then put on a smile, but I could see the hurt in her eyes. "Sounds good Ms. Grande."

She said that and I felt gutted. I miss her calling me baby. I know we need to stay professional though. I don't know who that was last night, but it wasn't me. I'm just one of those people meant to be alone.

"Thank you Ms. Alexander. Please let me know when my 10 o'clock arrives. That will be all." I say looking back at my paperwork.

"Yes ma'am." She leaves shutting my door.

Y/n POV 

(Y/n's morning)

What a night! I hop out of the shower, dry off, then put on my slacks and a button down.