Chapter 1

Lisa's pov

"What were you guys talking about when you visited him?" The detective asked me.

I looked down to my shaking hands, I somehow felt nervous, anxious, and scared. I didn't do anything but I feel like I did.

"We were talking about going out. My dad and I, we always hang out when we're both available. It became a habit." I answered.

"Where were you two supposed to go?" He asked.

Insensitive, but at the same time I understand that it's their job to ask me that.

"We don't really plan where we're going but we were going to eat together that's for sure." I answered.

I looked at him and he was nodding.

"Aren't you guys gonna go out with your mom?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"My mom and I don't really get along, she can be very controlling. I mean you saw it too, earlier." I answered.

I hate her to my core, she was made to make everything complicated. I mean who likes complicated things right? Definitely not me.

"What do you mean by controlling?" He asked.

"She meddle a lot, she minds other people's business, and she's trying to control me like A LOT." I said.

He just nodded again.

"Who do you think is responsible for your dad's death? Do you have any guesses?" He asked.

As much as I hate my mom, I don't think she did it. She can be very controlling, nosy, noisy, and annoying but I'm sure she didn't do it.

"I don't know but I guess it can be one of our past competitors?" I answered.

He nodded.

"Thank you for today, we'll just call you for further questions. My deepest condolences Miss Manoban." He said and I just nodded in response.

I stood up and left the room. I feel unusual, everyone is lowering their heads to me, it feels new and I don't like it. The more I feel new things, the more I realize that my dad is dead.

I left the precinct and saw my car waiting for me. Cameras welcomed me once again as I left the said building. Flashes of lights, questions from the people I didn't even knew existed, and people saying they love me.

I couldn't breathe and my eyes, they became blurry, I didn't even notice that I'm crying already. Why am I crying? Most importantly why am I crying in front of these people? I feel anxious that some journalist will write about my tears being fake, who fakes their tears when someone who truly loves you...is gone? And people will think that I really did killed my dad and then I might start to ruin every single hard work our empire has already done. Fuck tears.

Jennie's pov

I went out of our house the moment I heard where precinct Lisa was brought to, I may seem nosy but who knows? I might get clues!

I rode my bike and went there as fast as I could and God knows how my legs are burning like hell! I arrived at the precinct and guess what, there's like a sea of people here, very scary. How am I gonna go in front? Oh, I THINK I KNOW!

"Excuse me! I'm gonna report something in the precinct!!" I said.

People looked at me and made a way for me, is it because I said I'm gonna report something or is it because I'm pretty? Hehehehe, just kidding!